3 more idiots

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/gykKvOa_tIM

Came across this today. Just a solo idiot. Lots of bad choices...

And his take from that was "let someone know next time" instead of maybe I shouldn't ride alone at night.
I wonder why he didn't think to turn around to get back to the spot where he knew where he was.
The video made me cringe but at least I know I'll never be on that situation.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did he drop too much to go back up his track? Couldn’t really tell until he ghost rode it off that bank

He’s the only one out there, shouldn’t be too hard to follow your own track home

Night riding with your headlight deleted isn’t that great an idea

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Night riding or not.. alone is insane... way to many variables people do it but don't expect any sympathy when things go sideways.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did he drop too much to go back up his track? Couldn’t really tell until he ghost rode it off that bank

He’s the only one out there, shouldn’t be too hard to follow your own track home

Night riding with your headlight deleted isn’t that great an idea
Head light quit earlier in the day it was posted in the video

It wasn't deleted

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last weekend was going up a creek and in corner of my eye saw something black . I thought, wonder what the ravens found. Pulled out of the creek and found a guy with his leg pinned under the sled. Rest of my group helped get him straightened out but he had a sore leg is all. His group was lookin for him. All I saw was his hand waving for help. Made me think, SURE glad I carry a radio.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last weekend was going up a creek and in corner of my eye saw something black . I thought, wonder what the ravens found. Pulled out of the creek and found a guy with his leg pinned under the sled. Rest of my group helped get him straightened out but he had a sore leg is all. His group was lookin for him. All I saw was his hand waving for help. Made me think, SURE glad I carry a radio.
The radio is one of the most if not the most important tool in the backcountry next to your brain. IMO. These days most riders are in the trees and not always in line of sight. I really don’t like to ride with guys that don’t have one.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The radio is one of the most if not the most important tool in the backcountry next to your brain. IMO. These days most riders are in the trees and not always in line of sight. I really don’t like to ride with guys that don’t have one.
One of our guys had a broken radio last trip. Was a little frustrating trying to find him as the sun was going down. Thankfully he popped out of the trees on his own.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Radio is huge. Don't leave home without it. The other thing is carry it on your body. Know a guy that ended up in a tree well and kept sinking and finally hit a branch. Said if there wasn't any branches, he was in big trouble and the radio was on his sled. At least with it on you, you've got some hope of communication if you can't get out.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm with you 562! I now carry a spare radio on my sled, one in my pack, Garmin Rino on my handle bar cradle, plus an extra in the truck for the dough head who doesn't have one and thinks "he's a good rider... he'll be ok". Spent far too many days chasing down idiots that just take off from the group. They tend to get weeded out of who I ride with pretty quickly...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with you 562! I now carry a spare radio on my sled, one in my pack, Garmin Rino on my handle bar cradle, plus an extra in the truck for the dough head who doesn't have one and thinks "he's a good rider... he'll be ok". Spent far too many days chasing down idiots that just take off from the group. They tend to get weeded out of who I ride with pretty quickly...
I think I know who you're talking about. LOL

Top Bottom