3 inch track install on Nytro an easier way?

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
Was talking to a guy last season and he said on his doo all he did was put smaller drivers on and the 3" lug went in no problem..........could this be possible on a Nytro too if a guy went with the 2.5 pitch instead of 3?? Or is it not recommended when your turboed?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes 7 tooth drivers for 3 inch lug and a Doo.
Not sure on Yamaha but don't think anyone builds a 2.5 pitch 3 inch lug.
Any I have seen are 3 inch pitch.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3" paddle, al that's available is a 3 pitch. Cr racing makes a cut down front cooler kit for the nytro's.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think in order to get a 3" in there is to do a front cooler mod....I looked at mine and there isn't much clearance on my 2.5"

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
Oh sorry so I guess the pitch is still 3" just less teeth on the drivers?? So what's the smallest diameter driver a guy can get in a 3 pitch? Am I on the right track here? I guess your gearing would be all out of whack too then.

Last edited:

JDen

Reaction score
7 tooth is fine, you just have to send your front cooler to Chad at CR Racing and he'll cut it down and send it back, if I remember correctly it was around 350 bucks for the cooler mod.

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had given up hope for a 3" because it seems like a lot of work and therefore a lot of cash. Then I spoke to the head mechanic at an undisclosed dealership and he assured me that all that is required is drivers with 1 less tooth. He has done "3 or 4" that way. Does anyone know for sure that this can't be done? I am going to let them try and see how it works out, I don't think I have anything to lose. I will post when it is done.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had given up hope for a 3" because it seems like a lot of work and therefore a lot of cash. Then I spoke to the head mechanic at an undisclosed dealership and he assured me that all that is required is drivers with 1 less tooth. He has done "3 or 4" that way. Does anyone know for sure that this can't be done? I am going to let them try and see how it works out, I don't think I have anything to lose. I will post when it is done.

small drivers are a bad idea, the tight radius requires you to run the track tighter, and takes more power to turn...you would have to buy a new chain and drive sprocket for the chain case in order to keep the gearing correct (and OEM chain and drive sprocket will cost as much as the cooler mod)....save yourself some headaches and do it right the first time, cooler mod and 7 tooth avid drivers

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Dont think you can go smaller than 7 tooth 3 pitch drivers. A 3" track will not fit in a nytro without modifying/removing front cooler

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curse you guys, now I'm undecided again. They never spoke of the gearing, which seems important to me and is concerning that it was not addressed. Thanks for the good discussion.

Top Bottom