2023 Skidoo Summit Rev Gen 5 - Turbo R

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cherry pick the best numbers and then use those numbers in the official advertising, and use a vague disclaimer about it being an "independent" 3rd party so people might think its verified?

0:56 mark

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for 28k are you going to get your snow check before the end of February like some people are dealing with right now?

I’m not worried. I have heard the details but I’m not saying. Will know more info on the 23rd.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for 28k are you going to get your snow check before the end of February like some people are dealing with right now?

Sounds like they are still working on the prototypes and the supply chain is getting worse not better.

You do the math.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is they will sell everyone they build and people will wait because its all new tech.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is they will sell everyone they build and people will wait because its all new tech.

I know theyll sell them all. Just might not be delivered in time for next winter 🤣

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was only $26000 and coming before Dec 10. Maybe the $28000 ones are gonna be late….but I’m not selling anything till mine shows up.

Humm, that’s interesting, how did the dealer know that already without being able to input the snow check certificate until the 23rd.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, Ski Doo claimed more horsepower than they made. Remember them saying the 800 ETEC made 165 hp. Then the 850 came out and they claimed the 850 made 10% more horsepower with, wait for it, 165 hp. Hmmm, something wrong with that math.

Pointed that out somewhere else too but can't remember where .... So 800etec is x HP, 850 etec was a bump, turbo was altitude compensation (still sea level guys bought it) and now they added R and it's another bump to 180 HP ....math seems to be off somewhere ....either that or marketing creative was a overly ambitious

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they are still working on the prototypes and the supply chain is getting worse not better.

You do the math.
Yep, supply chains still stuck right now. I can't get new trucks for maybe 6 months (at best) from Ford, 2021's that we ordered in April, arrived in early Dec so I'm guessing it will be 6-8 months at least. They're pulling all the build dates now so there is no timeline as to when things will get sorted. Its all related to the microprocessor shortage and this could mean delays in other sectors.

That being said, if sled makers didn't back out on too many of their chip orders, they may be OK for 2023. It was really automakers who backed out of a huge amount of chips thinking the markets were going to tank. That was premature and by the time they realized it and wanted to re-instate the contracts, most of the alloted chips and production capacity had already been sold to other markets (the tech industry also ramped up a tthe same time as people were working from home). If BRP only backed out of chips for say 2022 models, then they might be able to get squared away better for 2023.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock dived right after allocation news.
Screenshot_20220218-090743.jpg

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey 2010 called they said that video is 12 years old your point is invalid.
I know the video is 12 years old, I had to watch a couple old ones to find the actual info - don't know if you missed it but that's the point everyone is trying to make. How do you advertise 164 HP etec 12 yrs ago, and give it an increase every 2-3 years and now say its 165? Sponsored riders claiming Doo always stated 155 and that no one trusts the aftermarket numbers. well, no. The proof is in the video. Doo was happy to use that # back in 2010 for their benefit but now the aftermarket #'s are no good? LOL Everyone loved dynotech, right up until their brand started losing anyway.... Fickle world we live in huh?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the video is 12 years old, I had to watch a couple old ones to find the actual info - don't know if you missed it but that's the point everyone is trying to make. How do you advertise 164 HP etec 12 yrs ago, and give it an increase every 2-3 years and now say its 165? Sponsored riders claiming Doo always stated 155 and that no one trusts the aftermarket numbers. well, no. The proof is in the video. Doo was happy to use that # back in 2010 for their benefit but now the aftermarket #'s are no good? LOL Everyone loved dynotech, right up until their brand started losing anyway.... Fickle world we live in huh?

Your forgetting one important thing. The 2011 etec 800 was a totally different engine only offered for 1 year. It’s rated max rpm was 8100. In 2012 doo changed the engine, head etc, and it ran 7900 ever since.

Even with the issues I had with it, the piston recall etc, that sled worked amazing even with the reverse angle helix it came with. I put a team tied and a 3” track on mine.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, supply chains still stuck right now. I can't get new trucks for maybe 6 months (at best) from Ford, 2021's that we ordered in April, arrived in early Dec so I'm guessing it will be 6-8 months at least. They're pulling all the build dates now so there is no timeline as to when things will get sorted. Its all related to the microprocessor shortage and this could mean delays in other sectors.

That being said, if sled makers didn't back out on too many of their chip orders, they may be OK for 2023. It was really automakers who backed out of a huge amount of chips thinking the markets were going to tank. That was premature and by the time they realized it and wanted to re-instate the contracts, most of the alloted chips and production capacity had already been sold to other markets (the tech industry also ramped up a tthe same time as people were working from home). If BRP only backed out of chips for say 2022 models, then they might be able to get squared away better for 2023.
this is why they have limited the amounts of snow checks they are taking as they have probably have already ordered the problem items from 2022 ( gauges ,ecm.dess systems )
just picked up a new can-am on the weekend had to wait about a month for the gauge to come in (bosch gauge made in portugal )

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Humm, that’s interesting, how did the dealer know that already without being able to input the snow check certificate until the 23rd.
Salesman sucked me in I guess. It worked.

Top Bottom