2023 Skidoo Summit Rev Gen 5 - Turbo R

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes at Martins. Just cant decide on gauge. When I was riding with Maxwell the one time I smashed my gauge and plastic. Cant imagine that big one will cost if broken.
Guessing you'll be able to retrofit through the parts catalogues later if you did desire. Likely need cowl, screen and a BUDS unlock

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not ? Skidoo did for 5 or 6 seasons.

Actually, Ski Doo claimed more horsepower than they made. Remember them saying the 800 ETEC made 165 hp. Then the 850 came out and they claimed the 850 made 10% more horsepower with, wait for it, 165 hp. Hmmm, something wrong with that math.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, Ski Doo claimed more horsepower than they made. Remember them saying the 800 ETEC made 165 hp. Then the 850 came out and they claimed the 850 made 10% more horsepower with, wait for it, 165 hp. Hmmm, something wrong with that math.
Hahah fack, must not be firing on all cylinders yet this morning, misread your post as poo claiming more HP than they make.

Yes, I still laugh at that math, especially when I hear it from a salesman.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
nope ski doo claimed 154-155hp, aftermarket claimed 163.5, aftermarket always wants to claim high so manufacture uses them, but a lot of times they don't account for real world things. boost was dyno'd at 171-174, I know people want it to be more but there it is, same dyno does 180 for new turbo R, remember manufactures can't lie they are bound by strict measures, which is why polaris does not give you a number, they are not lying, aftermarket can use different ways to give you numbers. Both machine do and still will rip, pick your poison and have fun!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guessing you'll be able to retrofit through the parts catalogues later if you did desire. Likely need cowl, screen and a BUDS unlock

BRP says not possible. But im sure someone will figure it out. It is a different wiring harness. Would also have to add the harness that goes to the back of the sled for the small battery.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see the fixed T motion kit is listed for gen 5. I wonder if it will fit gen 4.

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope ski doo claimed 154-155hp, aftermarket claimed 163.5, aftermarket always wants to claim high so manufacture uses them, but a lot of times they don't account for real world things. boost was dyno'd at 171-174, I know people want it to be more but there it is, same dyno does 180 for new turbo R, remember manufactures can't lie they are bound by strict measures, which is why polaris does not give you a number, they are not lying, aftermarket can use different ways to give you numbers. Both machine do and still will rip, pick your poison and have fun!

Boost Looks like 194.9 hp on this dyno run have never heard of a boost making only 171-174 hp. Doo 850 was 178hp on same dyno. The new 850 turbo R will be more than current for sure. Probably very comparable to the boost and hopefully more. We all know these manufacturers test other products. So if what Norona is saying is correct the new doo should be around 200 hp on this dyno.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the skidoo turbo is making 165 can tell you for a fact the Polaris isn't making 180.

Polaris never did release their HP numbers, so doo claim of worlds most powerful 2stroke is probably a valid statement.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Boost Looks like 194.9 hp on this dyno run have never heard of a boost making only 171-174 hp. Doo 850 was 178hp on same dyno. The new 850 turbo R be more than current for sure. Probably very comparable to the boost and hopefully more. We all know these manufacturers test other products. So if what Norona is saying is correct the new foo should be around 200 hp.

Yah and bikeman claims a 30hp tune for a doo that’s totally garbage. I would not trust bikemans dyno claims when a 21hp tune from another developer kills the 30hp Bikeman.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP says not possible. But im sure someone will figure it out. It is a different wiring harness. Would also have to add the harness that goes to the back of the sled for the small battery.
I'm willing to bet they will add a plug in the harness, doesn't make a whole lot of manufacturing sense to have 2 different wiring harnesses for the same sled because of a gauge. Might not be for 23, but I can definitely see it happening.

You can add electric start to your non electric start sleds.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah and bikeman claims a 30hp tune for a doo that’s totally garbage. I would not trust bikemans dyno claims when a 21hp tune from another developer kills the 30hp Bikeman.
This is a friend's piston off a bike man 30hp tune, I would advise against it.
received_634717167792706.jpg

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet they will add a plug in the harness, doesn't make a whole lot of manufacturing sense to have 2 different wiring harnesses for the same sled because of a gauge. Might not be for 23, but I can definitely see it happening.

You can add electric start to your non electric start sleds.

hope your right. Like you said BRP is pretty good about having all of the plugs for their accessory kits.

Top Bottom