2020 sleds

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree!
If you read up on snowmobile sales from the past few years, which have gone downhill drastically overall in North America, it is no doubt all manufacturers are making small changes, they are all mostly preorder for MY2020 with not much for extra models and builds says allot for the market. Maybe a lull for a year or two then they can focus on new model changes. Hard to reinvent and remanufacture ever year in a slow market. JMO

I would really like to see the order only options for 90% of models for lots of years to come, can only help the markets, dealers and manufacturers during these slow times

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So in a reality is a belt drive really that much better,.. like $800 TKI drive belt better, or do a clutch kit,.. or maybe a pipe and silencer instead,.. maybe an EarthX battery?

Depends on what you are trying to achieve. If putting on a belt drive drops weight, gives you desired gear, turns easier and spools up faster then to me it is worth it. For others they are just happy to be out riding. Each brand and model realizes different benefits. If the gear down alone reduces wear on clutch belts it can be paid off in a very short time.

Last edited:

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think I will be looking for a left over 2019 g4 850 early next fall.......

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think I will be looking for a left over 2019 g4 850 early next fall.......

I pick up my 2019 G4 850 175 SP Monday. I'll be buying my new sleds in the spring whenever possible if there is something I want still at a dealer from now on, and using the money I save to buy accessories and set up the sled how I want it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I would really like to see the order only options for 90% of models for lots of years to come, can only help the markets, dealers and manufacturers during these slow times

I think that would work. The key there is lots of years. It would get rid of back log of new machines and maybe straighten out the market. I think there would be a lot more people walking away from the order than there is now due to various circumstances and in that respect it may not be any different than it is now.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that would work. The key there is lots of years. It would get rid of back log of new machines and maybe straighten out the market. I think there would be a lot more people walking away from the order than there is now due to various circumstances and in that respect it may not be any different than it is now.

Yes that is true as lots can come up in peoples lives in 5-6 months to make them change heir mind that’s for sure

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced Cat has a new engine. It has the same label / name as it did before. The wording they used to talk about it is vague enough that it might be referring to the switch from suzuki to ctec2. Maybe I'm just thinking that if the engine is as different as they say, they should have given it a new name.
8EDE20D7-8DDD-4479-838F-446D5D60CE06.png

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One has to wonder if Cat will announce an 880 this year if they have redesigned their 800? Would seem like a colossil waste of resources to me. I'd be springing it later like next year.

IMO, Cat seems VERY quiet with releasing details on the 2020 engine "upgrade".....???

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There ya go.. bend over..
Just got back from my local cat dealer the price was looking awesome until I was told it only comes with 1 year of warranty. I would need to fork out close to 2k for 4 year warranty. :nono:

Kind of sneaky if u ask me my 2020 alpha one 165 with e start is 14,395 BUT with 4 year warranty I’m 16,390.....

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched the video, this is the second time in a week I’ve heard it said that arctic cat will be snowcheck only. If this is correct. It’s exactly what cat needed to do. In fact all brands should do. Looks like a fun little machine.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did I miss something or was there an actual mistake on the site. IMG_7436.jpg

It looks like the put CAD funds instead of US. IMG_7449.jpg IMG_7449.jpg

I built the sled in US dollars.

bsoluk

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Polaris Lime Pro rmk 850 163x2.6 with 475 miles for sale if anyone is interested. Wanting to trade for the new hardcore.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see your official press release and raise you a candid video from a guy that gets paid for a living to know what's what with all these new sleds. His words: "The engine? It's still the same old Ctec2."
https://youtu.be/XsJdYcxbmU0?t=485

Ya ride a sled one day in break in mode, with a short lug track in loose snow and be such a pro you can notice it’s the same power from a sled you probably haven’t ridden since last years sled release that was probably in completely different snow with possibly a different track and 50/50 chance it was 20 lbs lighter with no e start....... I’ll take his word any-day lol

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how that’s for hardcore because I have the official price sheet at home I can post and that’s the price for plain alpha.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how that’s for hardcore because I have the official price sheet at home I can post and that’s the price for plain alpha.

My dealer quoted me $14 k on a grey and green hardcore plus tax, not that I’m buying one but just was curious

Last edited:
Top Bottom