2020 sleds

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from my local cat dealer the price was looking awesome until I was told it only comes with 1 year of warranty. I would need to fork out close to 2k for 4 year warranty. :nono:

Kind of sneaky if u ask me my 2020 alpha one 165 with e start is 14,395 BUT with 4 year warranty I’m 16,390.....

If you or anyone on here can provide me a great 4 year warranty story I’m all ears. I’m talking about your in your 4th year and roast an engine and take it in and they put a new engine in and tell you to come pick it up no cost. Otherwise don’t waste oxygen talking to me about 4 year warranty. 90% of guys on here don’t keep there sled past 3 years if we’re lucky. With over 4000 sleds on kijiji right now a 4 year warranty means nothing. Maybe cat is looking at there engine and going hmmmm. This is a solid power plant. We good. It’s a great selling feature I think.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from my local cat dealer the price was looking awesome until I was told it only comes with 1 year of warranty. I would need to fork out close to 2k for 4 year warranty. :nono:

Kind of sneaky if u ask me my 2020 alpha one 165 with e start is 14,395 BUT with 4 year warranty I’m 16,390.....
CAT care warranty isn't worth a **** anyway.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not pocket the 2 k ride hell out of it and self insure. Most little things get exposed in that first year of factory warranty get rid of it before 2500km so you don’t have to do pistons.
Yeah, list price for a whole new engine is $4k, if you call around you can get them for under $3k.

You would be clinically retarded to buy the extended warranty.

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after year one most wear items are not cover by warranty so why bother with it, you just end up pissed off because "nothing" is covered

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like that they have kicked the extended warranty .
I will decide if I want it ? Nothing is for free .
Extended Warranty is a joke IMO and they will try anything to get out so why pay for it ?
Isn’t Polaris’s extended warranty a $500 deductible per claim? Smoke and mirrors.

Polaris is $50 deductible. It is quite reasonable. And that is years 2-4 only.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you or anyone on here can provide me a great 4 year warranty story I’m all ears. I’m talking about your in your 4th year and roast an engine and take it in and they put a new engine in and tell you to come pick it up no cost. Otherwise don’t waste oxygen talking to me about 4 year warranty. 90% of guys on here don’t keep there sled past 3 years if we’re lucky. With over 4000 sleds on kijiji right now a 4 year warranty means nothing. Maybe cat is looking at there engine and going hmmmm. This is a solid power plant. We good. It’s a great selling feature I think.

I blew a primary clutch to pieces on my 2011 m8 which damaged the secondary, the guard and wrecked the belt, it was in March of 2014 when I did it, had 7 months remaining on the 4 year warranty, I paid two hours labour that’s all, cat gave me a brand new primary, secondary, belt and a cover, only time I’ve ever had to use extended warranty though

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I blew a primary clutch to pieces on my 2011 m8 which damaged the secondary, the guard and wrecked the belt, it was in March of 2014 when I did it, had 7 months remaining on the 4 year warranty, I paid two hours labour that’s all, cat gave me a brand new primary, secondary, belt and a cover, only time I’ve ever had to use extended warranty though

You did good on that one!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why did you pay labour?
I would have told them to get stuffed.

Secondary $623.95 list.
Primary $989.95 list.

So if a 4 year warranty cost $2k you still lost.

IMO your better off negotiating a good discount on parts on repairs over $250 rather than getting extended warranty......

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Is this the same TMO1620 that said only idiots ride polaris? If so, your point is invalid. Thanks for your 2 cents Melvin but move a long.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why did you pay labour?
I would have told them to get stuffed.

Secondary $623.95 list.
Primary $989.95 list.

So if a 4 year warranty cost $2k you still lost.

IMO your better off negotiating a good discount on parts on repairs over $250 rather than getting extended warranty......

I agree. Especially after hearing your experience with cats extended warranty.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris is $50 deductible. It is quite reasonable. And that is years 2-4 only.

This is correct and I have had them wave the $50 in year two.

The extended Or factory warranties are generally only as good as the dealer. If the dealer isn’t willing to actually request or document the claims properly then the likelihood of the owners being satisfied is nil.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The extended Or factory warranties are generally only as good as the dealer. If the dealer isn’t willing to actually request or document the claims properly then the likelihood of the owners being satisfied is nil.

I will agree with you on this. But the little shops that took care of you on a personal note are dying. They used to be prominent.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cycleworks Calgary has taken very good care of me and done this type of thing several times. Might as well name them if they have done good for you because I know you would name them if they did bad for you

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cycleworks Calgary has taken very good care of me and done this type of thing several times. Might as well name them if they have done good for you because I know you would name them if they did bad for you

If you say anything that could be construed as negative on this forum you get called a liar and called out for having an opinion that is based on actual experience.

I have had good and bad experiences at dealers. I will let people determine their own fate from now on.

Top Bottom