2020 sleds

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will agree with you on this. But the little shops that took care of you on a personal note are dying. They used to be prominent.

It wasn’t a little shop. It was a franchise shop. But the little ones have been good and bad.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why did you pay labour?
I would have told them to get stuffed.

Secondary $623.95 list.
Primary $989.95 list.

So if a 4 year warranty cost $2k you still lost.

IMO your better off negotiating a good discount on parts on repairs over $250 rather than getting extended warranty......

The 4 year warranty on an 11 snocheck costed me $500, my 11 was $12,200 and came to $12,700 with the extended warranty, just looked at the bill of sale, it came with two years and I added two more years for only $500 as that’s the deal they had for sno checking as well as $500 cat cash, as for the labour that was the way the extended warranty worked, not sure who it was through as paperwork doesn’t say, I assume cat care, on the final two years I had to pay the labour on all warranty claims, can’t believe I still had the paperwork lol apparently I don’t throw out any paperwork, still had bill of sale for my 08 m8 and my 07 phazer mtx and 09 nytro turbo lol

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this the same TMO1620 that said only idiots ride polaris? If so, your point is invalid. Thanks for your 2 cents Melvin but move a long.

I stand by my statement, so go pound sand and who the hell is Melvin

Last edited:

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stand by my statement, so go pound sand and who the hell is Melvin

You mouth breath. Because you towed a bunch of people off the hill with broken quick drives there idiots? Comon man. You been hootin on grandpas grass? To come on a sled forum and say all polaris riders are idiots you have to expect some backlash. Do us a favour, start a new thread about how butthurt you are cause you towed some people off the hill an about how you stand behind your statement.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 4 year warranty on an 11 snocheck costed me $500, my 11 was $12,200 and came to $12,700 with the extended warranty, just looked at the bill of sale, it came with two years and I added two more years for only $500 as that’s the deal they had for sno checking as well as $500 cat cash, as for the labour that was the way the extended warranty worked, not sure who it was through as paperwork doesn’t say, I assume cat care, on the final two years I had to pay the labour on all warranty claims, can’t believe I still had the paperwork lol apparently I don’t throw out any paperwork, still had bill of sale for my 08 m8 and my 07 phazer mtx and 09 nytro turbo lol
Hmm just had an engine replaced and didn't pay a cent.

Dealer even covered the $50 deductable now that I think about it.

Your right that they used to bury the extended warranty in the snow check price or it was subsidized.

But now its $2k+

And I'm a gambler.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's always good and bad experiences with every dealer. But Mountain Toys in Cochrane has treated me very well every time I have been in there. Heard lots of good things about the Sundre dealer as well but I'll never take anything there for service again. Would much rather drive the extra 45 to Cochrane. Sometimes you just get a bad taste in your mouth from a one time bad experience and that's it.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I added 2 years of warranty to my 2015 just one month before the 4 year factory warranty ran out. First ride and the motor went down and I got a new motor for just the $100 deductible. That 2 extra years cost $1600. My point is I don't see any advantage to buying the extended warranty up front, might as well do it near the end of the factory warranty.

Last edited:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Cliff Bar replacement for 2020 with all the Cat's on them hills!

Attachments

• image1 (8).jpeg
    image1 (8).jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 250

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can we get this back to the 2020 sleds....................or is there nothing else to say?

I think you hit the nail on the head Doug. There is not much to say about the 2020 sleds which is a bit disappointing or maybe they are just all perfect now?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you hit the nail on the head Doug. There is not much to say about the 2020 sleds which is a bit disappointing or maybe they are just all perfect now?
Who can be disappointed? Cat has a new engine with 165 hp, polaris fixed there wobble crank,and doo cut there snowflap and Yamaha, well did Yamaha release there sleds yet....

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm just had an engine replaced and didn't pay a cent.

Dealer even covered the $50 deductable now that I think about it.

Your right that they used to bury the extended warranty in the snow check price or it was subsidized.

But now its $2k+

And I'm a gambler.

Ya I wouldn’t of paid labour if it happened within the included warranty 2 years, but because it happened during the extended that was the kicker, no deductible just labour

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mouth breath. Because you towed a bunch of people off the hill with broken quick drives there idiots? Comon man. You been hootin on grandpas grass? To come on a sled forum and say all polaris riders are idiots you have to expect some backlash. Do us a favour, start a new thread about how butthurt you are cause you towed some people off the hill an about how you stand behind your statement.

Actually in case there was too many words for your simple mind to read all the way back, tethair said polaris designed their belt drive without a tensioner to make it “idiot proof” and I said in a joking matter that I always knew Polaris riders were idiots, and originally I said some not all...... but again you don’t sound to bright so I understand, also it’s not the towing a sled that’s the issue, I’ve towed lots off the mountain, **** happens to all, it’s the lack of brakes without said belt that is rediculous, how that even gets past design stage is beyond me, explaining stuff to some of you is just as hard as when I tutored dumb kids in calculus and heat and thermo-dynamics during college, sometimes it’s easier to slam your head into a wall repeatedly

Last edited:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So in a reality is a belt drive really that much better,.. like $800 TKI drive belt better, or do a clutch kit,.. or maybe a pipe and silencer instead,.. maybe an EarthX battery?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who can be disappointed? Cat has a new engine with 165 hp, polaris fixed there wobble crank,and doo cut there snowflap and Yamaha, well did Yamaha release there sleds yet....

I'm still not convinced Cat has a new engine. It has the same label / name as it did before. The wording they used to talk about it is vague enough that it might be referring to the switch from suzuki to ctec2. Maybe I'm just thinking that if the engine is as different as they say, they should have given it a new name.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So in a reality is a belt drive really that much better,.. like $800 TKI drive belt better, or do a clutch kit,.. or maybe a pipe and silencer instead,.. maybe an EarthX battery?

I’m happy with my specialty belt drive, I like the quicker response, and the weight loss,makes it a way better weapon in the trees and I can use all the help I can get lol, but to some probably isn’t worth the cost of upgrade

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced Cat has a new engine. It has the same label / name as it did before. The wording they used to talk about it is vague enough that it might be referring to the switch from suzuki to ctec2. Maybe I'm just thinking that if the engine is as different as they say, they should have given it a new name.

The engine looks different if you compare pics of the 19 ctec to the 20 ctec pics, my dealer says it is basically an HO version, but ya they should of at least called it a ctec 800HO

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually in case there was too many words for your simple mind to read all the way back, tethair said polaris designed their belt drive without a tensioner to make it “idiot proof” and I said in a joking matter that I always knew Polaris riders were idiots, and originally I said some not all...... but again you don’t sound to bright so I understand, also it’s not the towing a sled that’s the issue, I’ve towed lots off the mountain, **** happens to all, it’s the lack of brakes without said belt that is rediculous, how that even gets past design stage is beyond me, explaining stuff to some of you is just as hard as when I tutored dumb kids in calculus and heat and thermo-dynamics during college, sometimes it’s easier to slam your head into a wall repeatedly

Say no more. Every time you respond I can see why the “dumb kids” can’t figure it out. This will be my last reply to you, as I have stooped as low as I can go. TMO the gene pool you crawled out of is certified SHALLOW.

Back to the thread.

Cheers

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Say no more. Every time you respond I can see why the “dumb kids” can’t figure it out. This will be my last reply to you, as I have stooped as low as I can go. TMO the gene pool you crawled out of is certified SHALLOW.

Back to the thread.

Cheers

Don’t sell yourself short, you could go way lower

minnow10

Reaction score
Can we get this back to the 2020 sleds....................or is there nothing else to say?

I agree!
If you read up on snowmobile sales from the past few years, which have gone downhill drastically overall in North America, it is no doubt all manufacturers are making small changes, they are all mostly preorder for MY2020 with not much for extra models and builds says allot for the market. Maybe a lull for a year or two then they can focus on new model changes. Hard to reinvent and remanufacture ever year in a slow market. JMO

Top Bottom