2020 sleds

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much more do people want? Polaris a new motor and suspension changes last year, Cat with the Alpha, Doo is going on year four which tends to lean towards a large change for 2021 for them, Cat is going to the inventory management option and I don’t see Polaris making a large change this year. I don’t think they have a big reason to.

I would expect similar changes to Polaris as Doo has released and the shorter tunnel longer track option, Burandt has been hyping it up and likely has been told to do so. Maybe some suspension changes but the chassis is already pretty good for the guys who like it.

So many people want something new every year but complain about the prices and rarely are the guys who spring check every year anyways.

Understood they are all great sleds and huge improvements over last 8 yrs however you gotta keep the consumers on edge, changing colours won’t justify tossing another 16,000. Cat thought out of the box last yr good on them. Be innovated. Skidoo handle bar shortening, awesome. But what experienced rider hasn’t already done that in aftermarket parts without having to cough up extra 2 grand for a expert package.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dba5dfaafc7fae829044ce2fda9b83a0.jpg

Makes a person wanting to put coin down on ordering one when waiting a few months saves you 3G ?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Understood they are all great sleds and huge improvements over last 8 yrs however you gotta keep the consumers on edge, changing colours won’t justify tossing another 16,000. Cat thought out of the box last yr good on them. Be innovated. Skidoo handle bar shortening, awesome. But what experienced rider hasn’t already done that in aftermarket parts without having to cough up extra 2 grand for a expert package.

Are you sure about that? Do you have any proof that sales are hurting because a manufacturer didn’t make substantial changes every year?

There are always people buying new regardless of the changes if any. Someone will always want the latest and greatest, there will be those who wait awhile after a new release to have some time on new motors or chassis before they buy, there will be those who just decided this year is the year they buy new and many more reasons.

The aftermarket drives the production market in the sledding industry in more ways than many others. Vehicle car and truck manufacturers can run models for 5-6 years and not change anything, off road vehicles like dirt bikes and quads also run a 3-4 year cycle. Boats, whatever else all run cycles.

I can tell you right now I believe that what Skidoo is offering is because of the fact they are listening. Listening to their Pro riders, their customers, those consumers who buy aftermarket parts. If I can buy a sled that has better suspension, items like lower risers which I end up buying aftermarket, and a track/rail set up on the tunnel length I want that’s saving me money, not costing me more. How many guys were spending $3500-4500 on over bore set ups to gain 50cc and now it’s included in the price.

No matter what someone will always find a flaw with a “stock” sled but it won’t stop people from buying them. Chances are people like yourself weren’t going to buy a new sled anyways because you have something newer already but it isn’t realistic to expect something innovative every year.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Id definitely get a expert package sled,
It has everything on it already, the extra cost over the x makes it cheaper than doing up a sp or a x.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When is Yammy's lineup supposed to be announced? Kind of interesting that the ONLY yammy motor in cats sleds now is in the thunderkitty. Yammy basically seemed to be cutting back its line up completely last year... to make room for new stuff this year?

Is this the beginning of the end of the yamaha/cat relationship?

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the Summits... no more 174"...? I guess that fad is over? Or is a 174" not expert? I'm trying to see what all you really get in this so called expert package. Hand guards, whoopee. Less tunnel, no flap = more money? Shorter bars are an expert thing and not a general preference thing? The stubby mountain bar probably cost all of zero dollars more to produce than the old one, and that's hardly an "expert" upgrade (good upgrade or not). Seat is smaller too I guess, but were people really tripping over the old one every two seconds?

I seriously look at this thing and think they're nuts. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for options, but this should be X or expert, take your pick, they cost the same (or within $500 at most). Maybe I'm missing something here...?

Now, if you want real expert upgrades, include the linq fuel can, tunnel mounted shovel and avy probe, built in GPS and sat tracking in the gauge cluster (with a free year, on-star style).

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id definitely get a expert package sled,
It has everything on it already, the extra cost over the x makes it cheaper than doing up a sp or a x.

I prefer to install raptor shocks all the way around over any skidoo shock package. CFR bars and risers/ munster ski bushing. Other then a chopped tunnel. call this my version of a expert package

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told today there won’t be a 2020 kingcat, have heard a rumour there won’t be a mtx sidewinder either. But I don’t believe anything anymore after the 880 rumour.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told today there won’t be a 2020 kingcat, have heard a rumour there won’t be a mtx sidewinder either. But I don’t believe anything anymore after the 880 rumour.
Arctic Cats release would seem to confirm that the King Cat isn't happening for 2020. Or just about any sled with a 4 stroke for that matter besides the thundercat.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer to install raptor shocks all the way around over any skidoo shock package. CFR bars and risers/ munster ski bushing. Other then a chopped tunnel. call this my version of a expert package

Have you done any research that shows these all new KYBs perform worse than Raptors? Maybe they work better. Tough to say without trying.

I have ran Raptors on my last 5 sleds but now with a 65 cent dollar I think I’ve bought my last brand new set of raptors for awhile.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you done any research that shows these all new KYBs perform worse than Raptors? Maybe they work better. Tough to say without trying.

I have ran Raptors on my last 5 sleds but now with a 65 cent dollar I think I’ve bought my last brand new set of raptors for awhile.

I agree, this is new for doo this year but enzo has been doing something similar for years.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah I think its cheaper to buy elkas now with the dollar the way it is. Have heard they are better anyways.

The expert package does seem like a great value. Good to see them finally go to a heavier rear shock. Hopefully it works good.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told today that Yamaha is going to do the same as Cat and go with the 2020 spring check or nothing next fall. They must still have significant inventory to do this 2 years in a row?

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats the beauty of having a rebuildable shock.$45 per shock for rebuild. No need to buy a new set every new sled. Well over the past KYB hasn’t really had a great track. Maybe these are the ones.

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the Summits... no more 174"...? I guess that fad is over? Or is a 174" not expert? I'm trying to see what all you really get in this so called expert package. Hand guards, whoopee. Less tunnel, no flap = more money? Shorter bars are an expert thing and not a general preference thing? The stubby mountain bar probably cost all of zero dollars more to produce than the old one, and that's hardly an "expert" upgrade (good upgrade or not). Seat is smaller too I guess, but were people really tripping over the old one every two seconds?

I seriously look at this thing and think they're nuts. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for options, but this should be X or expert, take your pick, they cost the same (or within $500 at most). Maybe I'm missing something here...?

Now, if you want real expert upgrades, include the linq fuel can, tunnel mounted shovel and avy probe, built in GPS and sat tracking in the gauge cluster (with a free year, on-star style).
The expert is 700 more than the X. but you are right, 700 bucks extra is for the coated shocks plus 1 piggy back rear, hand guards and remote limiter. All the rest of the 14 changes should actually cut the cost of the machine.

Although I disagree with you saying to have them add the accessories because that forces people who might not want them to pay for something they don't need.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told today that Yamaha is going to do the same as Cat and go with the 2020 spring check or nothing next fall. They must still have significant inventory to do this 2 years in a row?

That should lower inventory and hopefully help used market.

Top Bottom