2020 sleds

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to the specs on Cats website, it's still a 7 tooth driver for the 2020 Alphas.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Doo and Cats are kinda a flop this release, Polaris only left to wow us.

How much more do people want? Polaris a new motor and suspension changes last year, Cat with the Alpha, Doo is going on year four which tends to lean towards a large change for 2021 for them, Cat is going to the inventory management option and I don’t see Polaris making a large change this year. I don’t think they have a big reason to.

I would expect similar changes to Polaris as Doo has released and the shorter tunnel longer track option, Burandt has been hyping it up and likely has been told to do so. Maybe some suspension changes but the chassis is already pretty good for the guys who like it.

So many people want something new every year but complain about the prices and rarely are the guys who spring check every year anyways.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much more do people want? Polaris a new motor and suspension changes last year, Cat with the Alpha, Doo is going on year four which tends to lean towards a large change for 2021 for them, Cat is going to the inventory management option and I don’t see Polaris making a large change this year. I don’t think they have a big reason to.

I would expect similar changes to Polaris as Doo has released and the shorter tunnel longer track option, Burandt has been hyping it up and likely has been told to do so. Maybe some suspension changes but the chassis is already pretty good for the guys who like it.

So many people want something new every year but complain about the prices and rarely are the guys who spring check every year anyways.

maybe a 16" wide mountain track so polaris could get some traction for going up hills. With the Burandt edition tunnel it would be plenty flick able.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe a 16" wide mountain track so polaris could get some traction for going up hills. With the Burandt edition tunnel it would be plenty flick able.

Riding a Summit already feels like a Skandic widetrack. Great utility and trail sled and of course those straight up climbs but this isn’t 2004, guys like to ride stuff other than big bowls and meadows.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Riding a Summit already feels like a Skandic widetrack. Great utility and trail sled and of course those straight up climbs but this isn’t 2004, guys like to ride stuff other than big bowls and meadows.

I haven't been on a Doo since the XP days. But it is funny that the 16 inch track needs flex edge and T-Motion. I have some friends on G4s and they do good on them. I tried riding one, felt like a monkey humping a foot ball. It felt like it didn't want to get on edge as easy as my axys so I went wrong foot then pulled it right over and couldn't get it back to the balance point and ended up pointing uphill. I'm sure I could get used to it but I'm not a fan of the Doo propaganda so why bother.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't been on a Doo since the XP days. But it is funny that the 16 inch track needs flex edge and T-Motion. I have some friends on G4s and they do good on them. I tried riding one, felt like a monkey humping a foot ball. It felt like it didn't want to get on edge as easy as my axys so I went wrong foot then pulled it right over and couldn't get it back to the balance point and ended up pointing uphill. I'm sure I could get used to it but I'm not a fan of the Doo propaganda so why bother.

sounds like you gave it about 14 seconds of honest try.

as for T motion it doesnt need it. But it sure is nice for riders to improve their skills. Advanced riders dont need it.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
sounds like you gave it about 14 seconds of honest try.

as for T motion it doesnt need it. But it sure is nice for riders to improve their skills. Advanced riders dont need it.

Probable a good 30 seconds. If it was as amazing as you say it is I should have loved it. When I switched from my XP to a pro it was an instant confidence boost. The first ride on my Pro I realized I was lied to about how good the XP was. I'll admit I'm jaded towards Doo now. So why would I waste my time learning to ride a Doo chassis again when I can bounce between Poo and Cat seamlessly.

Top Bottom