2020 Corvette

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the hell cat, but the corvette is just sexy lol
490 h/p and under 3 seconds for 80k and will compete with the 911 turbo for a fraction of the price, now the Corvette just needs to step up and offer all wheel drive to launch

I dont think it’s needed, have you watched top gear with the demon against the lambo AWD car? The demon got the holeshot and the race.

https://youtu.be/JhdRv3KNHXA

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think it’s needed, have you watched top gear with the demon against the lambo AWD car? The demon got the holeshot and the race.

https://youtu.be/JhdRv3KNHXA

put some corners on the track and the results might change? lol

the purpose of mid engine is so it corners better than it would having all that weight out front....

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you could go to castrol raceway on any given weekend and find 10,000$ cars that would beat a stock vette in the quarter mile.

that's not the point of the car. it's a awesome looking Imo 3 second, some what affordable sports car with warranty that will be a blast to drive in the mountains and get a few looks a long the way.

my sister spent 80k on a mercades suv, crossover mini van looking pos that I wouldn't buy in a million years. if you dot get it you don't get it.

choices are good, I'd choose the vette over a hell cat, but nothing wrong with the hell cat. everyone knows they are fast.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually hate corvettes! I don’t see why so many people like them. But this new one is pretty sweet looking! I agree the horse power isn’t as much as I thought but should handle like crazy. And considering the market that these car are in it a steal compared to any other rear engine car!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
80000 bucks for a 500hp car??? Yah I dont think so.

Is that 500hp to the back wheels?
That is about 625-650 at the crank or only 57ish less than a hellcat with better 0-60.
Should beat a hellcat and be able to turn around at speed to go back for another run.
I like it!

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that 500hp to the back wheels?
That is about 625-650 at the crank or only 57ish less than a hellcat with better 0-60.
Should beat a hellcat and be able to turn around at speed to go back for another run.
I like it!

It’ll be at the crank

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put some corners on the track and the results might change? lol

the porpose of mid engine is so it corners better than it would having all that weight out front....

Vette looks cool, but it looks like a ferrari, and the engineers for some reason went away from that in favor of a Italian exotic styling.

American muscle is just that, and always has been. Heavy car with a huge engine under the hood, and is no comparison to a exotic mid engine on a road course.

I think it’s interesting times in the new generation muscle car era, dont think the vette will be apart of this one tho.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the 19 vettes too. maybe even more than the 20. haven't seen one in person yet.

I'd drive this.

2019-07-22 19.44.11.jpg u

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the 19 vettes too. maybe even more than the 20. haven't seen one in person yet.

I'd drive this.

View attachment 218053u

That vette is a sharp car!
I just went through this same argument with my brother a few weeks ago. I cant get onboard with what chev/GM has does with its styling engineering lately. Goes with the truck styling as well. Ford on the other hand, I would have a mustang in the garage. I love the new GT500.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the released 0-60 times are correct the only thing a stock hellcat will see is tail lights 2.8 seconds with 495hp vs give or take 3.5 secs with 700hp. 3346 lbs vs 4470 lbs makes a big diff.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what to think about this new design. I think I like the 2019 body style a lot more.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice looking car. The vettes are always sweet looking cars. 495 hp is sub par for that car though IMO. Doesn't the Cadillac supercharged model make more hp? With the Camaro being phased out by Chevy in the next couple years that car should be the bread winner in hp numbers I'm thinking?
i am sure higher hp versions will follow soon.

Top Bottom