2020-2021-Mcbride conditions and updates

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the grooming schedule around Christmas? I'm wondering specifically if I should expect the Renshaw trail to be ungroomed on Christmas morning? Looking to take my wife up there, but she'll hurt me more than that trail will if it's not groomed

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the grooming schedule around Christmas? I'm wondering specifically if I should expect the Renshaw trail to be ungroomed on Christmas morning? Looking to take my wife up there, but she'll hurt me more than that trail will if it's not groomed
Hahah just tell her it's part of the experience, if it was really easy to ride a sled to the mountain tops everyone would be doing it

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
grizz is closed until Jan for holidays. limiting where you can eat. have a happy holiday and stay safe.

is everything else still open Barry? I assume likely for takeout/delivery only.

• Love
Reactions: Zrt

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep you bet, Back in the spring, we all did not know what this virus was all about. I respected their wishes than, and cut my sledding season short and stayed home. As time passed, I think we all are alot more, for the most part, more educated on the current situation. Even now, I definitely respect their wishes along and follow the guidelines. Last time I was in Mcbride in November, I travelled by myself, carried my own gas and tried to limit my exposure, to protect myself. The last thing I want it is to travel, and bring a virus home to my family, let alone bring something into town.
I just want to enjoy the outdoors, and my life, I can only control my own circle of influence. Wearing a mask is not a big deal, I have to do it for work, and I will do it to sled.

The question is, how long are people going to let this carry on for? This virus, has hurt more people in other ways, than it has killed. Its flu season, and people thought this was going to get better over the winter? A pipeline worker, CN worker has just as high of chance of bringing the virus into town as a out of town/province sledder.

Unfortunately, whoever contacted global news, made them and Govt officials aware of Albertans travelling to go sledding is extremely negative, and potentially damaging to the sledding/tourism industry.
The fact that a mayor from another town answered the call, put his two cents in, does not look good on him, nor does the letter he released a month prior. He should of kept his opinion to himself, on what another town does.

This is just my two cents my Friend, Regardless of opinions, there are alot of familys struggling to make ends meat this year. Not sledding this winter to me is peanuts to me, compared to what others are experiencing.
Its the holidays everyone! I hope you, and your family and everyone has a very merry xmas, and happy new year, I hope to shred some fresh with you again soon.

Keep smiling.
Cheers.

You’re a class act, people should take note of the fact that you are setting a good example and managing to find a safe balance while having a good time with that new Turbo! Merry Christmas buddy, catch ya soon.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two good days in McBride, rode Renshaw both days.

I was grateful to be riding so I didn’t care about the conditions. The trail is in excellent shape, and it looked like alot of trucks in the parking lot today.

Thank you for the hospitality Mcbride.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100%! Shout out to Rod who’s doing a heck of a good job on the trail with the conditions he’s dealing with!

Two good days in McBride, rode Renshaw both days.

I was grateful to be riding so I didn’t care about the conditions. The trail is in excellent shape, and it looked like alot of trucks in the parking lot today.

Thank you for the hospitality Mcbride.

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far up the trail before today's rain turns to snow.....hopefully not reaching the alpine?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s the conditions like in Lucille?
Sounds like it's fairly wind ****ed talking to guys that rode there yesterday.

Renshaw was the same way today. The higher areas were all quite wind affected. Made it work to sidehill for sure. Once we dropped in to the trees though, the snow was great.
7644eb3562c2e9b10203935525b4238f.jpg

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just want to say thanks to Mcbride snowmobile club. Rode up Belle today and that trail was well worth the 25.00, probably worth more. Smooth as babies bum. Now the snow up top was not every good. Lots wind blown and really settled. Only about an inch to play in. But still a day of riding is better than work.

Top Bottom