2020-2021-Mcbride conditions and updates

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea was my thoughts exactly, wish the McBride Mayor would comment.

Thanks. Question is, why is the Valemount mayor commenting on A McBride story.

As I mentioned before, Seems like a local in the region is stirring the pot, and trying to get sledding shut down.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be careful out there. saw at least 8 avalanches when I was flying Saturday.

I talked to my brother 20min ago. He said the conditions are very sketchy. He had snow fracture on him somewhere in the anyhills.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I think the Valemount community is also under a lot of pressure. Maybe Many think Mcbride is a "under the wire town" and that it's more loosey goosey? I'm thinking maybe the mayor should step up.

yea was my thoughts exactly, wish the McBride Mayor would comment.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Question is, why is the Valemount mayor commenting on A McBride story.

As I mentioned before, Seems like a local in the region is stirring the pot, and trying to get sledding shut down.

McBride is a sensitive subject, this spring they told everyone to stay away and shut it right down in round 1 of this virus, referencing mainly the aging population as well as the very limited access to medical facilities and resources for residents. Just because its snowmobiling season doesn’t stop the fact it’s round two now and the same thing may happen. Really if people don’t follow the rules and the people causing the issues which starts the whole stirring the pot deal wanna keep being idiots then who can blame anyone for not wanting these ****heads in their town. You can’t blame anyone for getting tired of the arrogance and ignorance and bad news makes the news...we all know that. Good can overdhadow the bad, and people like you a Matt carry that forward. So keep a positive attitude when you’re visiting and leave a positive tone on the residents and no reason for things to be shut down. Too many people benefit from interprovincial travel, and we can all use some positive in our lives. More than likely Owen was easy to get ahold of, likely no one from McBride answered the call.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No comment = no validation of the story.
think about it.
That vale mayor should have stayed home and shut it.
but everyone has a opinion to what right I guess.

back on track thoughts...was the snow good today like Saturday ? Or did it get wind Fuxked ?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
McBride is a sensitive subject, this spring they told everyone to stay away and shut it right down in round 1 of this virus, referencing mainly the aging population as well as the very limited access to medical facilities and resources for residents. Just because its snowmobiling season doesn’t stop the fact it’s round two now and the same thing may happen. Really if people don’t follow the rules and the people causing the issues which starts the whole stirring the pot deal wanna keep being idiots then who can blame anyone for not wanting these ****heads in their town. You can’t blame anyone for getting tired of the arrogance and ignorance and bad news makes the news...we all know that. Good can overdhadow the bad, and people like you a Matt carry that forward. So keep a positive attitude when you’re visiting and leave a positive tone on the residents and no reason for things to be shut down. Too many people benefit from interprovincial travel, and we can all use some positive in our lives. More than likely Owen was easy to get ahold of, likely no one from McBride answered the call.

Yep you bet, Back in the spring, we all did not know what this virus was all about. I respected their wishes than, and cut my sledding season short and stayed home. As time passed, I think we all are alot more, for the most part, more educated on the current situation. Even now, I definitely respect their wishes along and follow the guidelines. Last time I was in Mcbride in November, I travelled by myself, carried my own gas and tried to limit my exposure, to protect myself. The last thing I want it is to travel, and bring a virus home to my family, let alone bring something into town.
I just want to enjoy the outdoors, and my life, I can only control my own circle of influence. Wearing a mask is not a big deal, I have to do it for work, and I will do it to sled.

The question is, how long are people going to let this carry on for? This virus, has hurt more people in other ways, than it has killed. Its flu season, and people thought this was going to get better over the winter? A pipeline worker, CN worker has just as high of chance of bringing the virus into town as a out of town/province sledder.

Unfortunately, whoever contacted global news, made them and Govt officials aware of Albertans travelling to go sledding is extremely negative, and potentially damaging to the sledding/tourism industry.
The fact that a mayor from another town answered the call, put his two cents in, does not look good on him, nor does the letter he released a month prior. He should of kept his opinion to himself, on what another town does.

This is just my two cents my Friend, Regardless of opinions, there are alot of familys struggling to make ends meat this year. Not sledding this winter to me is peanuts to me, compared to what others are experiencing.
Its the holidays everyone! I hope you, and your family and everyone has a very merry xmas, and happy new year, I hope to shred some fresh with you again soon.

Keep smiling.
Cheers.

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Top Bottom