2019 Alpha

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Darts less that a Doo on hardpack and maybe a bit heavier at low speed to steer but that is just shock setting.
Definatly tracks straighter.
Can't remember up top steering as they all steer good in powder.
What did you settle on for air pressures?

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 350km. Sliders look mint but l did find one black 2" cheese string in a clip so l tightened the track a bit. Probably next year they will make the clips without the sharp edge.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did you settle on for air pressures?

I have the sled set up at 55# in the front, skid front at 55# and rear shock at 150#.
Going to lower the fronts to 45# and play with clicker.
Avy bag and gear(25#) then riding clothes and I am bit of a porker at 260# boots/helmet on.
45# will make the front tip in a bit quicker but that is as low as I'll go..

Last edited:

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the sled set up at 55# in the front, skid front at 55# and rear shock at 150#.
Going to lower the fronts to 45# and play with clicker.
Avy bag and gear(25#) then riding clothes and I am bit of a porker at 260# boots/helmet on.
45# will make the front tip in a bit quicker but that is as low as I'll go..

Lets go race’in chuk!!!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanna race too. Lol

Get your own sponsor.....that bottle arff so graciously supplied is only big enough for FastFarmer and I.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far if you believe what you read and hear it definitely seems like the alpha is a great success. A nice change from some of the new release woes from the competition in recent years.

So from what I’ve read and heard the only common issues people have really found is easily broken snowflaps, shavings from the sliders being cut by the clips on some, and from a few the thing is a wheelie machine unless you lock it out. Sound accurate to y’all?

I know there was a couple that broke the monorails but it doesn’t seem to be common unless I’m missing out on the fb loop.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far if you believe what you read and hear it definitely seems like the alpha is a great success. A nice change from some of the new release woes from the competition in recent years.

So from what I’ve read and heard the only common issues people have really found is easily broken snowflaps, shavings from the sliders being cut by the clips on some, and from a few the thing is a wheelie machine unless you lock it out. Sound accurate to y’all?

I know there was a couple that broke the monorails but it doesn’t seem to be common unless I’m missing out on the fb loop.

Broke my snow flap first day, doesn't really wheelie and definatry not when locked out. No slider or rail issue and we made two trips down Renshaw at 60-100kph.
That should show up flaws.
Solid sled - went straight over the bars and one sideways dismount from hitting rocks.
Zero damage. Also over the bars Saturday from a stump.
Alpha has proven to be strong.
Motor and clutching "spot on" lol.
Responds well to shock adjustments.
4 days of deep conditions and 450km.
Good on gas and8 very light on oil.
Solid sled!

And as advertised there is NO snow buildup in the tunnel or in the track. Doos and poos were packing a lot of extra weight in track and melted to tunnels.

Last edited:

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm at 770 km so far. My sliders are fine but l believe the issue is under certain conditions the track can get out of the groove. I will agree, not a wheelie machine. It could be a little better when unlocked but no where near bad like a Doo. I have witnessed some crazy ice buildup in the cold weather on the other brands. Minimal on the Alpha.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm at 770 km so far. My sliders are fine but l believe the issue is under certain conditions the track can get out of the groove. I will agree, not a wheelie machine. It could be a little better when unlocked but no where near bad like a Doo. I have witnessed some crazy ice buildup in the cold weather on the other brands. Minimal on the Alpha.

That thing works well, no doubt about it. I don't know if the 19 Doo that was in Silent with us was that badly set up or yours was set up that much better, but there was really no comparison. Kids r back from Newfoundland on Friday. Hoping to get my old girl out on the weekend for a rip.

Top Bottom