2018 Skidoo Summit Mechanical Changes.

Ray509

Reaction score
Re: 2018 Skidoo Summit G4 850 Mechanical Changes.

I always wait a year on a major new product run, which is why Im getting a blue and green MY2018 to replace my 16xm, but for the record I saw a chick absolutely smoke a big rock WOT going up a hill and went flying, sled was fine, I heard of more belts then bulkheads, that and the wires for the injectors being too tight and pulling out, first thing to do tho is loose the carbide scratchers and put wear bars, they don't dig into rock when you hit it, and makes the steering less twitchy when your sidhilling with a lot of crust layers or old tracks, any rapid change into super hard snow or ice they seem to float over it rather then dig in.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

BRP should have some test pilots who can give the sleds a thorough pre-production run and provide feedback to BRP on potential failure points or piss poor engineering so the issues are resolved long before the consumer receives the product to test for them.. Glad i can help out my buddies who are buying an 18', we've already done the testing for them.

I'm happy guys like Kuster provide those Kusterize videos so we can fix any of the problems.....
Just pull this foam out, drill a bunch of holes here, hope you never blow a belt cause that's the easy part, wait till you have to put the guard back on, who needs gauges - most importantly, don't hit anything in the ROCKY Mountains Alpine with the most expensive snowmobile being sold...over it...

BRP also manufactures airplanes - if less than 1% of the Production G6 airplanes cracked the fuselage due to hitting turbulence - BRP would not get a next year.....

I believe the most expensive sled being sold (at least a few units ) is the Yamaha Salamander...err....Salad master....no....Toss your Salad. Not important....someone will correct me ;)

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I believe the most expensive sled being sold (at least a few units ) is the Yamaha Salamander...err....Salad master....no....Toss your Salad. Not important....someone will correct me ;)

No kidding , really ?? A factory boosted 4 stroke with full warranty costs more than a N/A 2 stroke ??? (At least a few dollars).

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

BRP does not manufacture airplanes......

BRP = Bombardier Recreation Products ie: recreation toys...
Yeah, the don't get billions of tax dollars to build these sleds lol.

D.C

Reaction score

That is to your own ignorance if you believe the 6.0 is a piece of crap. It is actually an engineering marvel, other than a bad oil cooler design which was the cause of the catastrophic engine failures. People are too quick to believe what they hear, as is the case with the current state of this bulkead issue. I never believe anyone's opinions unless it is backed by hard evidence, just because there are too many people out there that talk just to hear the sound of their own voice!
Every time i see a old 6L I still mumble "what a piece of crap".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Website to website the yammy is 3g more, an extra 40-50lbs heavier but 40-50 more hp at sea level than an equally equipped doo.
So pick your poison really.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No kidding , really ?? A factory boosted 4 stroke with full warranty costs more than a N/A 2 stroke ??? (At least a few dollars).

Thanks LennyR, I would have agreed with you long before now on other stuff but then we both would have been wrong :cool:

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That is to your own ignorance if you believe the 6.0 is a piece of crap. It is actually an engineering marvel, other than a bad oil cooler design which was the cause of the catastrophic engine failures. People are too quick to believe what they hear, as is the case with the current state of this bulkead issue. I never believe anyone's opinions unless it is backed by hard evidence, just because there are too many people out there that talk just to hear the sound of their own voice!
Really an engineering marvel? EGR cooler failures, head gasket failures due to 4 bolt per cylinder design. valve train failures due to stamped chicken **** design. Hydraulic oil pressure injection which went the way of the dinosaur. (now all common rail design) Undersized water pump, overheating because of the EGR cooler again. High pressure oil pump with plastic oil relief which would break off and leave you with a no start. All very expensive fixes. The 6.4l was introduced as an interm fix only. It became even more expensive to repair. Both designs are throw away engines. Ford was designing the 6.7l back when the 6.4 was being released in 08. They wanted it to all go away. Far from being an engineering marvel. Quite laughable really.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Humm I had the only 7.3L in the fleet of mechanics tool trucks, and it was the oldest, the others were 6.0L. Ask me again which ones were in the shop more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let me guess... and it's not the 7.3l. I ran three 6l as mechanics trucks, all different years. They were all problematic with the same issues. I haven't seen any on the road in a long time. I still see the odd 7.3 still going.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Holy chit fellas, some of us come on here expecting the thread to actually contain some content related to the title post. How is it possible to go from asking a legitimate question about 2018 model year mechanical changes to a Powerjoke war? S&M is a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cause everyone always need to be right on the inter webs.

Most of these Doo threads aren't much help anyways. As soon as one starts ask in depth questions and slightly criticize a Doo they get bashed on.

Might as well add BRP to Bill M103 FFS.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!

Cause everyone always need to be right on the inter webs.

Most of these Doo threads aren't much help anyways. As soon as one starts ask in depth questions and slightly criticize a Doo they get bashed on.

Might as well add the BRP to Bill M103 FFS.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I find that doo and mud is on average 2-3 months behind in regards to doo repairs, remedies and modifications. That is due to the dootards who bash every new idea or any criticism of doo. Kinda funny because the doo goggles causes the doolaiders to be always playing catch up with advancements that will make the almighty doo a better sled. See it for yourself how many clutching and gearing ideas for g4 are being thrown around in s and m? 1? Any opinions on having the g4 handle better? Nope. Dootards say it's the best they have ever owned. No room for discussion there. So sad.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I find that doo and mud is on average 2-3 months behind in regards to doo repairs, remedies and modifications. That is due to the dootards who bash every new idea or any criticism of doo. Kinda funny because the doo goggles causes the doolaiders to be always playing catch up with advancements that will make the almighty doo a better sled. See it for yourself how many clutching and gearing ideas for g4 are being thrown around in s and m? 1? Any opinions on having the g4 handle better? Nope. Dootards say it's the best they have ever owned. No room for discussion there. So sad.

Not to single you out alone as this post is for everyone......but there is an exit out of Doo-Land :d Just look for the LOG OUT and you will no longer be trapped here in the Axys (hee hee) of evil. I hope you all don't because I for one enjoy the verbal sparring! :cool:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You Sir are correct. No point in discussing anything on this open forum other then weather,jokes , and riding areas most times .

A lot of crafty people in behind the seens though that just laugh .

Last edited:

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry my bad... Had flashback of bad memories with Fords. Went off on a rant. Back on topic.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How drunk and high are you?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom