2018 Polaris ... Have a peek see & Listen....

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2018 Polaris ... Have a peek see & Listen....

I laugh at the guys who want lighter and more power every year, yet they could stand to lose 40 lbs and can't ride a 340 elan to its full potential.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I laugh at the guys who want lighter and more power every year, yet they could stand to lose 40 lbs and can't ride a 340 elan to its full potential.

So you are okay riding a 700lb Apex?

Because last I looked the manufacturers have been giving people lighter and more power. Maybe not every year but each release of a new model for the most part has been an improvement on the power to weight ratio. It hasn't been a steady climb but overall the last ten years has been pretty decent.

What they can't do is release something new every year. The Axys in the RMK lineup is not even 3 model years old and people expected a big jump in performance this winter because Doo had the G4 for 2017. I believe Polaris has done the smart thing and is sitting back and waiting for another year. The G4 hasn't exactly been perfect for everyone and why would Polaris want to end up with an unproven product taking the negative attention away from Doo.

Give Doo another year to see if they can sort out the more common issues some of the G4 owners have. Let them gets some miles on the motors and then see what they have.

Maybe the new Cat will turn some heads? At least they are doing demo tour rides which I can't say I have seen from the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That reveal by Polaris was pretty much like looking forward to your prom night and finding out at the last minute your hottie date cancelled and you're having to go with your cousin! Why bother? Not even an effort to add anything innovative....Could have at least copied and put a remote adjustable shocks on. They copied the Freeride colours! What a let down! Looks like a change of brands could be in order after five Polaris sleds was just hoping for something to look forward to.
Yup, copy cat the doo colors

Yawn

sent while drinking tea's

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm trying to seem like an understanding decent unbiased person here. Get lost.

Uh-oh - trouble in paradise. Maxwell better stop by the dealership and spend another couple thousand to repair the relationship.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Because last I looked the manufacturers have been giving people lighter and more power. Maybe not every year but each release of a new model for the most part has been an improvement on the power to weight ratio. It hasn't been a steady climb but overall the last ten years has been pretty decent.

What they can't do is release something new every year. The Axys in the RMK lineup is not even 3 model years old and people expected a big jump in performance this winter because Doo had the G4 for 2017. I believe Polaris has done the smart thing and is sitting back and waiting for another year. The G4 hasn't exactly been perfect for everyone and why would Polaris want to end up with an unproven product taking the negative attention away from Doo.

Give Doo another year to see if they can sort out the more common issues some of the G4 owners have. Let them gets some miles on the motors and then see what they have.

Maybe the new Cat will turn some heads? At least they are doing demo tour rides which I can't say I have seen from the others.

Absolutely not, never once did i say i thought the apex was a suitable sled. Since this is a thread about the 2018 axys that was the model i was refering too. I agree over and over that they can't release new tech every year. The axys is a great sled, no need to get crazy and start changing it up over and over.

Your statement is literally agreeing with mine, but somehow you turned it into a counter argument. Same system my wife uses... haha

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

C'mon Dan, we at least wanted a narrow stance option, maybe a fully clipped track option, 4 year warranty, maybe a tipped up rail option to make the long tracks float but be playful like the shorter models. They could have given us some interesting stuff without risking the proven stuff.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

C'mon Dan, we at least wanted a narrow stance option, maybe a fully clipped track option, 4 year warranty, maybe a tipped up rail option to make the long tracks float but be playful like the shorter models. They could have given us some interesting stuff without risking the proven stuff.

i was expecting a little something besides bng's. mano's playing the ol' touche game. complete new platform-no. just some kool options. at least a tether. doo doo came out with that shot dealie thinger, thought that was neat. wife and i built a couple snow checks on line. ouchie price! she rides a 15 600 snowcheck and it is loaded to the teeth. piggy backs, i mean everthing. build a 600 snowcheck now and you get colour options. barf! i will be riding my 12 for one more season by the looks of it.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was excited to see the midnight blue color. Maybe my wife won't notice if I upgrade the 13? lol

Attachments

• IMG_1629.jpg
    IMG_1629.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 283

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was excited to see the midnight blue color. Maybe my wife won't notice if I upgrade the 13? lol
i like your 13, clean and not too busy! I am a fan of the blue also.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree with this for example cat brought some incremental improvements from 15 thru 17. But the downside of that is there are still new 13s around. Maybe polaris is trying to make there carry over's attractive to help there dealers out.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Absolutely not, never once did i say i thought the apex was a suitable sled. Since this is a thread about the 2018 axys that was the model i was refering too. I agree over and over that they can't release new tech every year. The axys is a great sled, no need to get crazy and start changing it up over and over.

Your statement is literally agreeing with mine, but somehow you turned it into a counter argument. Same system my wife uses... haha

Actually only part of my post was referring to your post. So I can understand why you think its similar to how your wife would respond to you, but it was never all about you or reference to you, likely how your wife feels about you as well. lol

Can't believe Poo stole Doo's colors..... Haha

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Tex forgets there was snowmobiling before the internet. The only thing that exists in his mind is what can be found on snowandmud.

I did think they would go with a 36" option. Not that I wanted it. And a 4 year warranty would be nice, but like Doo ending the 800Etec era I would expect to see the end of the Cleanfire 800 next year which would limit the warranty period due to no longer manufacturing short blocks.

79TXL

Reaction score
For the snow check it says 3 year warranty with the display, or 4 year warranty plus $1000 in accessories for snow check. Think that's what I read last night.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
It's been 3 years guys... was everyone expecting them to scrap a chassis or something? Marketing boys. Everyone has BNG years in some form or another. Ski doo did it in 2014, and 2016 basically was the same thing for the big mountain stuff. Keep in mind there is always the cold feet buyers... lots of people don't buy a machine right when it first comes out... they let everyone else be the test pilots... and it is VERY common for people to bug every two years. Bottom line:.. they clearly have a marketing strategy and they know what they are doing. Everyone's had to put it on cruise control once in a while. Any brand could realease something super crazy RIGHT now... they all have the technology.... but WHY? Release a 250 horsepower 400 pound sled... what are people going to buy next year after? Or in the next three years? NOTHING.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the snow check it says 3 year warranty with the display, or 4 year warranty plus $1000 in accessories for snow check. Think that's what I read last night.

last year had 4 years the gauge and some standard accessories the two bags and bumpers but only 2 color choices. Good catch on the 4 year option I am sure dealers will know.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Actually only part of my post was referring to your post. So I can understand why you think its similar to how your wife would respond to you, but it was never all about you or reference to you, likely how your wife feels about you as well. lol

Tex forgets there was snowmobiling before the internet. The only thing that exists in his mind is what can be found on snowandmud.

I did think they would go with a 36" option. Not that I wanted it. And a 4 year warranty would be nice, but like Doo ending the 800Etec era I would expect to see the end of the Cleanfire 800 next year which would limit the warranty period due to no longer manufacturing short blocks.
Sorry I'm not on the up and up with old school Polaris junk

Seen the pic of the Polaris copy cat blue to the doo

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Right. But Polaris was blue first.

Ya know.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a little sad today. Now I know how Cat's mountain fans felt in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
I have to disagree there were enough changes people the cat faithful were either upgrading or buying new front ends of the next years models or what other changes that they felt were desireable

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

at least with that old school polaris junk you did not have to buy a tennis ball

Top Bottom