2018 / 2019 Valemount Conditions and Updates

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was with Dawizman and his wife today. As well as 3 others.
I enjoyed Chapple. Trail was alot like Renshaw. Rough.
Lost my brand new GPS out there today. I guess a hole wore through my handle bar bag. So it and my tools that I kept there are gone.

Measured the snow up top. 74cm
Did a column test. On the 6th tap from my wrist the column broke in 3 levels.
2" from the top. 10" from the top. And 3" from the bottom.

GREAT POST! Thanks for the info, and the picture of the stuck CAT! Lol

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How bad are the creeks for crossing are they fairly deep and wide or they just smaller Creek’s just curious because were thinking of going up next weekend and we have some newbies coming with us just wanted to know how bad it would be for them to ride the trail ? Thanks

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that we’re going to Chappell to go riding that’s the trail I’m curious about

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How bad are the creeks for crossing are they fairly deep and wide or they just smaller Creek’s just curious because were thinking of going up next weekend and we have some newbies coming with us just wanted to know how bad it would be for them to ride the trail ? Thanks
They weren't too bad. My wife made it across them on her own, and she's a very timid rider. A bit more snow will make things easier too.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still very early season conditions around here. We have not yet received the lower valley snow that we are desperately waiting on, although the mountain tops are getting pasted right now with the good stuff. The access trails are not awesome and can be very challenging, with thin coverage, open water crossings, and icy sections. We recommend that only experienced riders attempt to access the riding areas at this time.

Some of our neighbors do have grooming going on, so there are some options out there for a smooth ride to the alpine.

Alpine snow levels were measured at 105cms this weekend, so they are getting better but are still considered to be very thin overall and numerous hazards exist up there so ride safe!

Please remember to share your condition reports and pics with us!

Ride safe

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I repped this post.
Still very early season conditions around here. We have not yet received the lower valley snow that we are desperately waiting on, although the mountain tops are getting pasted right now with the good stuff. The access trails are not awesome and can be very challenging, with thin coverage, open water crossings, and icy sections. We recommend that only experienced riders attempt to access the riding areas at this time.

Some of our neighbors do have grooming going on, so there are some options out there for a smooth ride to the alpine.

Alpine snow levels were measured at 105cms this weekend, so they are getting better but are still considered to be very thin overall and numerous hazards exist up there so ride safe!

Please remember to share your condition reports and pics with us!

Ride safe

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
since low snow level alot are asking about access, chappell is like riding in the old days when there was no groomers, creek crossing arent a issue and easy to cross. allen is getting icey on the corners but only one corner was a issue with the ice. seen two different sleds with a arm damage so with the low snow ride careful, but fresh lines can be found. hopefully more snow this week

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals
TPOW Here :
I have no alpine report from this week but this is what’s happening at ground Zero this week . The weekend reports are accurate .
Monday morning woke up to 5-10 cm here at the lodge since then it’s been a mix of light snow and rain for the last 48 hrs with mild temps 0-4 at Valley bottom so I’m sure the access is only getting slippery . The trees from 4000 ft up have been getting covered daily so I’m sure the alpine has been getting hit all week so far , how much is unknown at this time .
If you want to follow us this winter on Facebook with regular snow reports click the link below and remember support the business that support you . Look for business that display we support Varda .
@summitriverlodgeandcampground
250-566-9934
Thanks
Terry/lisa
MONDAY MORNING

WEDNESDAY MORNING
acae2d5c8d6f1915321c27a9844518b9.jpg

keato

Reaction score
Hey, just looking for some updates on riding and trail conditions for everything in the the area even blue river!?!

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing news! Chappell Creek is groomed! Sorry for the short notice, but this is how early season works!

No new reports from the alpine sorry. I would not expect a drastic change after reviewing some weather stations, but at least we have a start to smooth access. The forecast is not amazing snow wise but any day on the mtn is a good day for me. It will still be classified as early season alpine conditions with many natural hazards still lurking around.

Please remember that Chappell is surrounded by wildlife closures and help do some self policing out there if required.

Trail passes required and if you are waiting for Canada Post to deliver your seasons pass, just bring your ID to the booth for recording.

Ride safe

Attachments

• 47031142_2361367607225543_5172814334484545536_o.jpg
    47031142_2361367607225543_5172814334484545536_o.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:

zeke

Reaction score
Rode chapel yesterday. Snow was amazing. Trail was old school but not to worry Vinny groomed today. No sign of any avalanche activity. Went to Allen today. About 20 cm new. Probed 80 cm. Went past avalanche alley. No tracks and blue bird. No slides. Good first ride. Trail is rough but not icy.

Top Bottom