2018 / 2019 Valemount Conditions and Updates

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I was kinda wondering how the switchbacks willows and creeks where to cross but think I know..... you guys never spun a track up the new trail did ya... lol ...cheers appreciate the update

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I was kinda wondering how the switchbacks willows and creeks where to cross but think I know..... you guys never spun a track up the new trail did ya... lol ...cheers appreciate the update

Old trail is actually in decent shape as you are basically riding on gravel for the first 4km. Super thin, but no deep creeks and no ice at all.......YET

Last edited:

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been up the old trail long before you showed up in valemount Curtis....my question is did u take the switchbacks willows and creeks or the gate swung open to the easy way up....gotcha..... cheers

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been up the old trail long before you showed up in valemount Curtis....my question is did u take the switchbacks willows and creeks or the gate swung open to the easy way up....gotcha..... cheers

Good on ya......the club brushed out the old trail a while back so its not such a bitch in the early season. No willows to deal with now, just the switchbacks and they are in good shape currently as there is almost no snow on them to ice up at this point

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quick little update. Very minimal snow overnight which will not improve access to the alpine. I was sure hoping for more.

There is so little snow on the access road that it wont last for long without a reload and even now, you are riding a lot of rock with minimal snow cover. Hopefully the weather forecast changes a bit and we can get into the full swing on things winter wise. Riding anytime before December is typically for the more experienced rider that doesnt mind a bit of wear n tear.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice to finally start seeing snow, thanks for updates. hope people respect that the gate is closed and not cut locks like previous years.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quick little update. Very minimal snow overnight which will not improve access to the alpine. I was sure hoping for more.

There is so little snow on the access road that it wont last for long without a reload and even now, you are riding a lot of rock with minimal snow cover. Hopefully the weather forecast changes a bit and we can get into the full swing on things winter wise. Riding anytime before December is typically for the more experienced rider that doesnt mind a bit of wear n tear.

thanks for the update from ground zero, we all appreciate the fact your feet are planted there and know the effort and time you spend getting out to share info for those that come to enjoy your backyard. Hard to manage family, life and work with the demand from everyone constantly banging on social media and the phones looking for real world updates but you always come through. Thanks for that, and the many many many others that get it, respect it and appreciate it. Like I always say Viva La Varda!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice to finally start seeing snow, thanks for updates. hope people respect that the gate is closed and not cut locks like previous years.

We have actually had a great last few years with the "new trail" gate. The club also put thousands of dollars into the "new trail" this year to improve ditching, drainage, tight areas etc. Stoked to see how it turns out with good snow coverage.

Top Bottom