2018 / 2019 Valemount Conditions and Updates

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Chappel today. Snow really good but anything by the lake pretty beat up.
Back side not much better.
Quite a few sleds for a small area.
Snow has set up and much different conditions from morning to afternoon.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wayyyyy better snow at chapel. Allan seems really low. Was hitting rocks and logs all over.
It was pretty decent today at Chappell before snochuk and his brother chewed all the hills up. Ok maybe the hundred other people helped, but we got there early to take our share. Conditions were great today. No avy activity by the time we left.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis may have some more info on this as I know Marshall was in the area but a buddy sent me this from Allan today. Lots of other large slides remote triggered as well. This one luckily didn’t get the guys who triggered it.

Play safe

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holly crap
Curtis may have some more info on this as I know Marshall was in the area but a buddy sent me this from Allan today. Lots of other large slides remote triggered as well. This one luckily didn’t get the guys who triggered it.

Play safe

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That up just past avalanche alley?

Curtis may have some more info on this as I know Marshall was in the area but a buddy sent me this from Allan today. Lots of other large slid remote triggered as well. This one luckily didn’t get the guys who triggered it.

Play safe

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hooollaaay, hav'nt see that one slide like that before! Take it easy out there and stay safe y'all!

Play safe

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We rode Chappell Creek today, Snow was setting up quite a bit, wind blown. 1' to areas that were deeper than 4'. Trail was ok. Everything has filled in nicely, well on its way.
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg
IMG_0009.jpg IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0019.jpg IMG_0022.jpg

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice pics ron, i guess i should of come up with you guys, post pics of sundays ride and report of snow conditions. report of a few slides up allen so hopefully people ride smart and no fatalities will be had.

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode allen sat.fresh tracks all day in the burn.did column test early morning.50 plus cm slab break on 2nd elbow tap.clean break from the early season weak layer.very sketchy conditions.we remote triggered a size 2 avy just to the right of the ridge on the back side which set off an even bigger one just to the west slope.north facing slope.small slides in trees were getting us pretty concerned so decided to call it a day and head home this morning.ride safe guys it is sketchy to say the least.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Rode Allan today, a lot of hazards and lots of fresh avalanches. We stayed off many of the slopes, but noticed many peeps were testing Mother Nature and himarking or sidehilling on hi angle slopes. Everything was sliding even small areas you would expect to see this. Be extremely cautious. It was snowing quite hard when we left, had about 4” on truck. Snow seemed to be down about 1m for this time, many small trees showing. Who knows this new snowfall may cover many of the trees and stumps. Trail was in great shape.

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were sitting away from it in a safe zone to the south of that spot fired up sleds and heard a pop and then came down to have a look.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are looking forward to another great week of riding. The weekend traffic has mostly headed for home and things have quieted down nicely for a mid week trip. The forecast is calling for some fresh precipitation that should keep the quality of the riding up.

Lower valley temperatures are still on the warm side and we are doing our best with the trails and the conditions given. Natural hazards are still poking out or lurking just underneath the surface, so we suggest to still tread lightly.

It sounds like we are on schedule for the Clemina Creek re-opening to the sled community, so please keep checking back in as we should be able to confirm a bit later this week. There is extensive traffic on the Clemina FSR at the moment as they rush to get logs out, so please avoid use of the road if at all possible.

Attachments

• 48382356_2389777951051175_2460207952057860096_o.jpg
    48382356_2389777951051175_2460207952057860096_o.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 868
Top Bottom