Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there a family day BBQ and toboggan day up
Lucile again this year ? Didn’t hear anything about it

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah crap, I wanted to take my kids there. I didnt hear anything so I assumed they didnt do it anymore.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the CO’s hassle the families with kids under 16 driving sleds with out a drivers licence?

Apparently it is mandatory to carry your drivers licence. Not just registration. Saw a couple tickets get written as guys got checked on the way down on Sunday at renshaw.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They did at kakwa a few weekends ago. Turned em around and sent them back to the staging area. Would not even let them by.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some days I leave my wallet in the hotel and only bring cash for trail pass. Don’t have my drivers license. That seems like overkill to me.... I have no issues checking guys for insurance /registration/ booze but Drivers license?

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the CO’s hassle the families with kids under 16 driving sleds with out a drivers licence?

Apparently it is mandatory to carry your drivers licence. Not just registration. Saw a couple tickets get written as guys got checked on the way down on Sunday at renshaw.

My friend didn’t have registration he had his son who’s 14 with him and both got $230 tickets. They ran the vin numbers on there sleds as well as taking both there pictures and pics of there sleds.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They told us it’s all being done in the name of Caribou conservative, it seems like a BS money grab to me. If they were worried about the caribou why don’t they go and put signs up to mark the closures

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got checked on 2 separate days at renshaw and never got asked for a drivers licence. We have never been asked. Is this something new? Some guys were asked for photo I’d and told they would be ticketed next time without it. Not a drivers licence. This is very confusing and they need to be consistent with their story’s to the public.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They told us it’s all being done in the name of Caribou conservative, it seems like a BS money grab to me. If they were worried about the caribou why don’t they go and put signs up to mark the closures

I’ve also never had a police checkstop take as long as to C/O’s took to look over paperwork.

Not one word mentioned of Caribou when my group got checked. and it was very quick and painless.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got checked on 2 separate days at renshaw and never got asked for a drivers licence. We have never been asked. Is this something new? Some guys were asked for photo I’d and told they would be ticketed next time without it. Not a drivers licence. This is very confusing and they need to be consistent with their story’s to the public.

Most adult people, riding sleds, photo ID is their drivers licence. Or you have a DUI.

Did any of your party get through with ID that wasn’t a drivers licence?

The tickets I saw issued were for registration. The photo ID/drivers licence charge was stroked out.

I understand registration is the law and have mine.

I’m curious if they were hassling the clubs generous family fun event,

I also look forward to binging my kids for rides up before they are old enough for a drivers licence.

So if it’s just photo ID, can I register their sled and bring their passport? Or my ID to match the registration?

Regardless my opinion is the cost involved of this double time sting operation can be better invested in catching real criminals!

Last edited:

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were up at the BBQ yesterday never seen anyone checked, CO's even came up to the cabin and chatted with those in attendance. Never heard anyone complaining.All in all was a great day until the end when my bro spit his track out after spearing a stump on his way back to the cabin. Thanks to the snowmobile club for another fun day!!!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most adult people, riding sleds, photo ID is their drivers licence. Or you have a DUI.

Did any of your party get through with ID that wasn’t a drivers licence?

The tickets I saw issued were for registration. The photo ID/drivers licence charge was stroked out.

I understand registration is the law and have mine.

I’m curious if they were hassling the clubs generous family fun event,

I also look forward to binging my kids for rides up before they are old enough for a drivers licence.

So if it’s just photo ID, can I register their sled and bring their passport? Or my ID to match the registration?

Regardless my opinion is the cost involved of this double time sting operation can be better invested in catching real criminals!

My nephew left his wallet in the truck. They asked him for his Id and he couldn't produce. I said I could run up to the truck and get his wallet if they like. They said not to worry about it this time but to carry in the future.

I had my drivers licence but it was in that window pouch in my wallet that's quite scrubbed out from wear and difficult to pull out . I showed him my PAL and he was good with that.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!

Your are driving a motorized, registered, insured vehicle on public land which requires a driver's licence. Any questions?

Reactions: LID

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your are driving a motorized, registered, insured vehicle on public land which requires a driver's licence. Any questions?

Registration and insurance for sure. Not sure driving a OHV requires a D/L in your possession.
They likely want to see picture ID to confirm you are not a thief driving the stolen sled with the owners paperwork.

ironmike

Reaction score
Went through their checkpoint Saturday at the ticket shack - Chaos, unorganized, sleds ripped by as they messed around confused just like last year - did not check VIN on registration against sled - if they are looking for stolen machines, this accomplished nothing.
Put up pylons and funnel everyone and check everyone. That would take hours but that's the proper way to do it.
Said to some it was for safety purposes?? That's a joke...
Then Sunday on way down they did the same - they checked VINs this time at least but taking your picture for no reason seems like an invasion of privacy - was it a mug shot??
BC - Bring Cash - Nothing but a cash grab - pissed off the locals and visitors spending their hard earned money in a town that is depressed as it is and needs the visitors.
Like was said before - have your paperwork in line and it's all good but this was more harassment than anything IMO.

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if you research the requirements for ohv use in B.C. you will find that it states you must have a valid drivers licence to drive an ohv on a FSR. Now it also states and I quote. Riders of ohv will be required to carry government issued photo I’d to help officers better identify riders and establish their age; this applies to persons 12 years and older.

All I’m asking is what are the requirements. Drivers licence or photo I’d?

Top Bottom