2017 superduty

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read that they are using the exact same cab and the F-150. It saves a ton on redeveloping.

The only thing I can't get used to is the big chrome bars between the headlights. They will look like crap after a winter here in Edmonton.

I think the aftermarket sector will make a killing on some badass grilles.

I hope they change it up with choices like the 150.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read that they are using the exact same cab and the F-150. It saves a ton on redeveloping.

The only thing I can't get used to is the big chrome bars between the headlights. They will look like crap after a winter here in Edmonton.

I agree the bars look like a after thought! "Oops these are too big they cover the head lights!!! Oh well! "
500hp is a awesome thou...

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they might be focusing on creature comforts.. My 2009 has smaller vents, and I notice that there is a lot of fan noise when it's full on..

The vents on the dash are overly big too...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chrisp1

Reaction score

3M will fix all that easy enough.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Ford trucks are just brutal looking ad they really are built like ****, best thing i did was sell my 08. And for the new styling, Im pretty sure after birth has better lines.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That truck was all enclosed in and ran hard in sweltering desert heat to make it break. This is how product is improved unlike Chevy's broken driveshafts and Dodge's rearends piling up prematurely?
What?
Haven't heard of this problem with either.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the front or rear end, and i'm still not so sure about the aluminum bodies holding up. And not a fan of the interiors either, I think ill just keep m '14.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
One can always hear the Leader of the Wolf Pack !!!! .... But the coyotes still Howl.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the front or rear end, and i'm still not so sure about the aluminum bodies holding up. And not a fan of the interiors either, I think ill just keep m '14.

I have a 12 f350 which I like and just got my wife a 2015 f150, at first every time I jumped in the 150 it was a pain in the ass.. you damn near had to be a programer to run the thing. Oh how times have changed in short order... now I jump back into my 350 and am mad about not having adaptive cruise control, 360 cameras, power locking gate etc. If the f350 is fully based on the f150 cab we have a winner for sure, it is a sweet ride.

PS there is always people who freak out about the new and retreat to the old, I think they are missing out. The aluminum bodies may have there growing pains for the first few years but lighter materials are where we are headed in the future.

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 12 f350 which I like and just got my wife a 2015 f150, at first every time I jumped in the 150 it was a pain in the ass.. you damn near had to be a programer to run the thing. Oh how times have changed in short order... now I jump back into my 350 and am mad about not having adaptive cruise control, 360 cameras, power locking gate etc. If the f350 is fully based on the f150 cab we have a winner for sure, it is a sweet ride.

PS there is always people who freak out about the new and retreat to the old, I think they are missing out. The aluminum bodies may have there growing pains for the first few years but lighter materials are where we are headed in the future.

X2 My '13 f350 was fully loaded, and looks lie a base model compared to the 150's. Hoping for:
1.All the toys from the150's
2.Carseat hooks in the backseat (sounds dumb, but a PITA to put 3seats in my 13)
3.Sport package - painted bumpers, or get rid of the aluminum tramp stamp from the platinum\king ranch tailgate

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Digging the new Gen.
The current powertrain in these Super Duties is stout with lots of room for power increases in the future.
Also enjoying the new tech they’re bringing out in their other models.
The benefits of the aluminum body are awesome other than the possible increased insurance premiums.
I definitely agree they need to have an option to body color the bumpers and grill.

HILCLMR

Reaction score
Looking at those pics reminds me of a Jeremy Clarkson quote. "Driving this makes you 27% more attractive to your sister"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom