2017 Skidoo Summit?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not interested until the t3 is updated. Looks like Pistons and one more year on 174. I saved money today

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SO much negativity on the forums about this sled from so many Doo faithful!

New motor, 10 more hp, 25lbs lighter, new clutch, new chassis, better ergonomics, beveled/taper tunnel, smaller seat, no more stupid S-module the overall look is growing on me.

Haven't been able to confirm pricing but based on some comments it appears on par with other new sleds. I'll be trying one out.

Sorry bud but IMO I think doo should give their head a shake in the marketing dept.

Their flagship sled, the 174 is unchanged, sorry either skidoo has big plans for 2018 for it or it will be a late release until than, in this economy I'll stick to my 13.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They likely had way too many 174 tunnels left over and need to clear them.

163 or 65 now has been their best seller. The 174 sold lots the first year but last year was told they didn't sell as many. Lots of guys want lighter and that comes with shorter.

Will they offer a 174 for 18 in the G4? Likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SO much negativity on the forums about this sled from so many Doo faithful!

New motor, 10 more hp, 25lbs lighter, new clutch, new chassis, better ergonomics, beveled/taper tunnel, smaller seat, no more stupid S-module the overall look is growing on me.

Haven't been able to confirm pricing but based on some comments it appears on par with other new sleds. I'll be trying one out.

sorry that might be the funniest thing ive read in 2016. slow clap

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2017 New Summit

I like it. Hopefully they didn't go too flimsy on the boards for us bigger fellars but the rest of the improvements look decent.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry that might be the funniest thing ive read in 2016. slow clap

Why?

I managed to get on and start to build and price and started at $14,500ish for a X 154, $15,500 for the 165, but the site keeps crashing. Pretty sure MSRP on most of the new sleds is in that range.

Not sure why that is so funny but again anytime I see the name Maxwell there isn't much worth reading.

For a Dootard like you Maxwell I figured you would be all over it.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW 3.5 pitch.. Looks like they are finding there happy medium with the 16" wide and saving weight.

It's a driver conundrum. Maybe the "dirt bike paddle" system is the way to go.

As for the 174.... sorry, it will be the 175 if it becomes a big want, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a 175 for chits and gigs.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wait for it... There will be a 6" spacing with wicked track speeds and ROOST!

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Notice that because of the beveled tunnel the lugs are inset. So actually a 15" track with a 16" belt holding it together. A lot of the aftermarket Camo tracks have been this way for years now.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I have to add - BRP defiantly listened to what sledders were wanting ! Good job!

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2017 New Summit

they will eventually ! As Norona was saying in live video the 165 out climbed the 174 - should be an impressive sled ! My 15 174 takes me places I shouldnt go !

Little Buddy

Reaction score
image.jpg

The new clutch is Shaft on Shaft? That doesn't sound straight!

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I have to add - BRP defiantly listened to what sledders were wanting ! Good job!

Bingo and thats what its all about. listening to the customers. they added more power, lost weight, and address many small issues. oh and released a total new chassis and engine LOL. knocked it out of the park. very surprised to see them let this many tricks out of the bag at once

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why?

I managed to get on and start to build and price and started at $14,500ish for a X 154, $15,500 for the 165, but the site keeps crashing. Pretty sure MSRP on most of the new sleds is in that range.

Not sure why that is so funny but again anytime I see the name Maxwell there isn't much worth reading.

For a Dootard like you Maxwell I figured you would be all over it.

LOL my bad. i thought you said the sled was on par with the others.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol!! not really a fan of the big mouth on the front either but maybe theres a reason for it.......i duno......i guess i can look past it.....could make for a pretty funny wrap tho!

Top Bottom