Arctic-Cat-Suspension-Hinged.jpg
Arctic-Cat-Hinged-Suspension-Rear-View.jpg

Is Arctic Cat Planning a New Mountain Suspension? - Snowmobile.com

Looks interesting!

Looks like possibly AirFrame Boards to me??​

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it look like a dual slider in that first photo? Obviously a whole new track? Kinda looks like the track holes would be big enough to get the slider(s) out without too much pizzing around LOL

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Looks like it would suck, special pricing and inflated pricing for tracks for sure. Can't interchange with anything. Plus I can foresee bent suspension arms with the shocks being on one side.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This drawing and patient has been out for a while...can't see it going in a sled...Perhaps the Snowbike!

cat925

Reaction score
Arctic cat is so far ahead of the competitors in all categories

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And customer loyalty..... the doo-tards are salivating over the possibilities in 4 different threads......

same 4 pics 30 times.....:confused:

I am interested in what cat is going to offer, may be time to change colors and the last years of any chassis are always the best

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it would suck, special pricing and inflated pricing for tracks for sure. Can't interchange with anything. Plus I can foresee bent suspension arms with the shocks being on one side.

I'm sure the same was said when sleds starting getting shocks put on them instead of springs. Look where that got us!

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2016 cat really stepped up. All they need is a 850 ctec and new simpler lighter body panels

The way that 600 ctec works an 850 would be amazing. I don't think anyone has ridden the new 6 and been unimpressed!

(Here come the naysayers ha)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the new engine going to be a Cat built C-tec......or a Yamaha built design???

I would assume a C-tec, as that little 6000 is a bottle rocket. But I have no more information than you guys at this point :/

We have a little wish list; a dedicated mountain chassis, a new tunnel design with something like air frame boards factory, factory tethers, 800+ cc C-tec (we don't think their new 2-stroke engine will be an 800 - we're expecting larger cc, likely to hit a target HP rating)

I *feel* that we're going to get upgraded tunnel/running boards:
- Cat had a blow out on their air frame boards and the new mountain bumper recently, which sometimes happens when they get rid of stock for an upcoming chassis change
- and something that one of my sales reps said then quickly corrected himself when I reminded him that we didn't know what the 2017 models would hold
- if that patent photo is legit, it looks a lot like the profile of an airframe board, I know its a quick sketch, but they've included the updated front spindles on it as well?

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this??

I saw this patent a few months back. First thing I thought of was how well it might shed snow. While I'm probably overthinking, I would be curious to see how offset shock loads would affect suspension performance. I think this begs to be asking for a rear arm shock that is horizontal to clean up the skid a little and reduce some complexity similar to the Lynx PPS or Yamaha Monoshock skids or current year or mid 90's. Looks like it would be designed around a center drive setup too.

It's good to see someone doing something different...while current skids work pretty darn well, they are all slight renditions of the same basic front arm/rear arm with accelerator rod setups.

Top Bottom