Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice unit, Cummings
f812ff442df715877637784ca5fdacc0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no. I'm not even sure why they still make a megacab, since 2010 they've had a pretty roomy cab in the standard crew cab

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice truck. But a useless box...

Yep no good for those looking for 8 feet of bedspace. But even with a 50 gallon auxiliary tank and a 5th wheel hitch in mine, it does all I require. Don't even need a slider, and I can turn almost 90*

no. I'm not even sure why they still make a megacab, since 2010 they've had a pretty roomy cab in the standard crew cab

Those who know, know. I agree the new crew cabs are nice, but there is no way I could go back to one. They don't do everything a mega does.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I every fell on my head and hurt myself , the only Fargo I would buy if they made one?
Would be a mega cab long box.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 09 Mega and an 07 Mega before that. After that i went to long box dually's and can't see myself going back from having the 8ft box, just picked up my latest 2016 Laramie dually. If Dodge ever comes out with a Long box Mega Cab Dually my name will be on the top of the list for orders. Was looking promising a few years ago with the Long Hauler concept truck but it didn't pan out.

The Long Hauler was built on a 5500 chassis but was outfitted inside like a 3500 in terms of trim. Had a Mega Cab, Long box , 19.5" wheels, full air rear suspension (not helper air like the new one tons) and a massive second tank in between the cab and the box. Would have been a hell of a sled hauler!

Ram-Long-Hauler.jpg

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like my mega as this is my 2nd. That little extra room i use quite often having 2 small kids and a dog. Nice to be able to pack it behind the seat when its either cold or wet out. If i had a say I'd find good use if that area was another 6-8" longer behind the seat and had the rear doors open wide enough to get to it from the side.

Box length hasnt been an issue for what i use it for. Atleast it is a full 6ft...if it were a 5.5ft I'd have complaints.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no. I'm not even sure why they still make a mega cab, since 2010 they've had a pretty roomy cab in the standard crew cab

If you owned one, you would not go back. The rear seats in mine are flipped down 90% of the time. The seats flip forward in to either of 2 positions, higher, with the floor space still open and room under the seats or flat to the floor. The higher position works well for me because I often use the floor space too. The standard crew cabs seat flip back to the rear wall and in that position the space is really limited compared. All our sledding gear fits so much better in the mega cab.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I had an 09 Mega and an 07 Mega before that. After that i went to long box dually's and can't see myself going back from having the 8ft box, just picked up my latest 2016 Laramie dually. If Dodge ever comes out with a Long box Mega Cab Dually my name will be on the top of the list for orders. Was looking promising a few years ago with the Long Hauler concept truck but it didn't pan out.

The Long Hauler was built on a 5500 chassis but was outfitted inside like a 3500 in terms of trim. Had a Mega Cab, Long box , 19.5" wheels, full air rear suspension (not helper air like the new one tons) and a massive second tank in between the cab and the box. Would have been a hell of a sled hauler!

View attachment 198821
Put a 30 foot trailer behind that and head for the Timmies drive through.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you owned one, you would not go back. The rear seats in mine are flipped down 90% of the time. The seats flip forward in to either of 2 positions, higher, with the floor space still open and room under the seats or flat to the floor. The higher position works well for me because I often use the floor space too. The standard crew cabs seat flip back to the rear wall and in that position the space is really limited compared. All our sledding gear fits so much better in the mega cab.

I did love the massive amount of room in my Mega's, was nice to put everything in there and have room left over. Once i switched to the 8ft box I found that I could let go of the cab space for the extra 2ft of box personally. Pretty nice to be able to load bikes straight in with the tailgate shut, jack knife a fifth wheel without some goofy slider hitch and have the sleds on the deck without hanging out the back 5ft.

Honestly i really wish i could buy a Mega Cab Long Box, i would buy one immediately. I drive my dually as a daily driver and don't have too many issues with parking other than downtown so the extra bit of length wouldn't be an issue. Would be a hell of a truck.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Playing on Dodge website built a 3500 megacab diesel(no aisin) ...Megacab looks same as crewcab at 6'4", is the box shorter? I have a nice sled deck here I havem't been using on my half ton or Tex78 would never let me hear the end of it!

$86k+.... Canmore Chrysler... any advice/experience with megacab or dealership here would be appreciated. Tia

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Megacab will be about 12" longer I believe and has the same size box so no worries with a deck. When I had a Mega I did notice that it squatted much worse than a normal crew cab with the short box. Not sure why but I had to put bags in that one.

Give Clint a call at Big West Dodge in DV, username Fersch on here I believe. Always treated myself and my family good.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canmore Chrysler came under new owner ship a couple years ago. A few of my buddies have bought there. People seem to be happy. They are definitely sitting on a "rainbow" of brightly coloured trucks at the moment.

Top Bottom