2016 rmk axys cans

sledhead247

Reaction score
Wondering what everyone's planning on running for a can on the 2016 axys. Thinking about running a bikeman powder lite or jaws race can

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GGB mountain can. Bikeman sounds like a raddling tin can IMO. I ran GGB on my 13 for over 2 years without a burp. Great prices too

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GGB all the way. Got no experience with them on a pro but got one one my summit and love it. The quality is better then any other can I have seen. And they are Canadian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Neils Power Pipes in Edmonton. Does some awesome work.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think i may try and bikeman powder lite or else the hps. i really want a can that has the flange on the bottom where the exhaust exits through the belly pan. see if i can keep some snow from getting in there. bikeman cans have the flange and the hps does on the pros. just not sure on the axys.

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the thing can is making this new 800 engine perk up to 170 hp im hearing

PolarisAssault91

Reaction score
Wanting a SLP pipe kit with the sound of Mbrp or bikeman can... if only that was possible. Hate the pingy sound of the Slp. Power gain an weight loss is a no brainer though.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The HPS can is a good quality can and has a nice rumble to it. Comes ceramic coated. The ggb can is good quality but its ear bleeding loud and not ceramic coated. Unless you like the look of rusty junk it will cost you another 60 to 80 bucks to get it coated.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The HPS can is a good quality can and has a nice rumble to it. Comes ceramic coated. The ggb can is good quality but its ear bleeding loud and not ceramic coated. Unless you like the look of rusty junk it will cost you another 60 to 80 bucks to get it coated.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

How do you know it's loud lol?!?!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought it was so I didn't have to turn around when you got stuck lol. Yes they are loud cans!

Reaction score
I'm also waiting on the HPS release - I loved it on my '12 Pro.

Also looking at BD-Extreme/SSI titanium can, possibly paired with their Ti pipe.

I read the Diamond-S titanium can has the SLP ting to it, I'd rather be a ~2lbs heavier running the better sounding HPS can.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my take on the hole can deal. We have been the primary dealer for HPS I think they have a great can. The problem is that with our dollar the HPS can comes in at around $500.00 and it is just a can. GGB is a Canadian made product and the price for a AXYS can with ceramic coated comes in at $ 350.00 and you support a Canadian made product. So we will be stocking the GGB cans this year. We also still have stock left for the pros on HPS.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing can has been tested with the ho motor. Canadain product out of revelstoke

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing can has been tested with the ho motor. Canadain product out of revelstoke

Other than it looks like someone's first try at building one?
IMO
Terrible build quality but does the job I guess.
68cfcfce78e0cde0ef7ad3d618d6e13d.jpg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a friend with one on a xm many trouble free kms
Yes sir, both me and fernie have at least 5000 km plus each on the thing can, not one code, not one issue other than never enough for every one else , or trouble choosing what to cook

I've said it before, and I'll say it again

Who the fawk cares what it looks like as long as it works.... Sure a mbrp looks cool with its shinny **** , but u tell that to my buddy's that have to stop and restart going up and down the hill

I've heard the it looks like sh!t so many times from u prissy guys, but my panel is closed except to install cooker or to remove cooker

Otherwise u will never see it cause I'm riding, and not tinkering every 10 min

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
FWIW, I have an HPS on my '15 Proclimb, and if I could do it again, I'd definitely go with the Thing. They sound almost identical (I'm VERY happy with the sound from the HPS). Thing is made in Canada. And you get the bonus of the cooker. Who gives a rats ass what it looks like behind the panel. The coating definitely helps keep the heat down tho. I will say that about the HPS. Could probably get the Thing coated and still be cheaper than HPS with the ridiculous exchange rate right now too.

Top Bottom