2016 Alberta Fire Ban OHV Use

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually lots of people still driving their vehicles off road. Trucks and jeeps. No different then a quad or sxs.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As mentioned a few times select areas in SW AB are open. Stay south of Red Deer River.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Ban should be anywhere North of highway 16. Its wet here.

Ya im passing by now and theres actually some puddles and mud... Maybe when I get back this ban will be a memory fresh snow on the Rockies too

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I am out west of RD now....is there an OHV ban or no? (Clearwater county)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
South of the Clearwater river past Caroline (rig street area ) to the USA border is now open for ohv and campfire according to the Alberta fire ban website

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya gotta love camping just north of clearwater river eh dave? No quadding or camp fire for u, from the fire channel

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new webpage sucks....i called the number and yes, the Clearwater is the boundary....so close, yet so far. The hair is sore this AM....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new webpage sucks....i called the number and yes, the Clearwater is the boundary....so close, yet so far. The hair is sore this AM....

ya you guy's could trailer down to rig street, not far, but still a royal pain. other than that you'd have to move down there. some nice sites.

ABOMB177

Reaction score
that map is so confusing. Looks like Clearwater south of 752 is open to forestry trunk road but I guess not. Now its raining all weekend so fishing north will suck.... Whats a guy to do???????????????

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that map is so confusing. Looks like Clearwater south of 752 is open to forestry trunk road but I guess not. Now its raining all weekend so fishing north will suck.... Whats a guy to do???????????????

Rig street east is open

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guess i could always go jeeping if i get ansy....everything will be super dry not like i'm gonna sink it in any mud lol.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ban worked out good for mw as I got a chance to sleep-in dreaming about riding the bright blue skies, fishing the end-less stream that don't have fish, getting stuck on my little quad along the edges of a swamp full of mosquitoes,,, with no bug spray.

Part of the awesome dream lead my thoughts to pluging a tire with glue that dried up, and my gum-boots both hve holes in them, Ha.
Dark clouds roll in so I can find out that my rain coat still has tears in it form my last ride, being that the quad sat for so long, the gas turned into milk plugging up the needle & jet.

The 365/ 24 hour day clock probably killed the battery dead any-who.

Yuppers as I lay here dreaming about the next ride makes me smile !!! Knowing that nothing got fixed will add quality to the next ride as I still wonder today if I'll ever find that dam thermos I lost on the last quad trip 10 years ago.

Good times ahead with or with out.

Pal Lem

Last edited:
Top Bottom