2016 / 2017 Valemount Conditions and Updates

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all

We need a helping hand if anyone is heading into Allen Creek. There is a newer Summit that had to get left on the mountain and needs a heli out. The owner says it is as you enter into Avalanche Alley but did not have GPS co's for the Heli Pilot.

Mix this location with the new snow and we are hoping that anyone driving by this sled would be able to sweep it off well, and tamp the snow down in front of the A-arms as the sled will have to be fish-hooked as the pilot cannot land there.

And if some GPS coordinates could be grabbed that would be much appreciated.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your my HERO maxwell forgot your the only guy on the mountain that can find snow .....Allen creek got a solid foot of fresh pow for today's ride but is still way low on snow levels

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all

We need a helping hand if anyone is heading into Allen Creek. There is a newer Summit that had to get left on the mountain and needs a heli out. The owner says it is as you enter into Avalanche Alley but did not have GPS co's for the Heli Pilot.

Mix this location with the new snow and we are hoping that anyone driving by this sled would be able to sweep it off well, and tamp the snow down in front of the A-arms as the sled will have to be fish-hooked as the pilot cannot land there.

And if some GPS coordinates could be grabbed that would be much appreciated.

its right as you enter avalanche alley. definitely a no land zone

zeke

Reaction score
Rode Clemina today. About 8-12" fresh. Had a great blue bird day. Getting a bit wind loaded on east facing slopes. The trail is perfect and the cabin was a welcome site after a COLD ride up. Thinking of heading into Allan tomorrow. He Curtis did anyone mark that dead sled today?

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a red skidoo parked at the base of the creek at the bottom of avalanche ally..... prob the worst place to leave a dead sled..... directly in a severe avalanche area as the sign says...DONT STOP.....

jjmm2

Reaction score
this is pretty sad to see this stuff happen. People have to respect other people property. The person who stole these belts from this dudes sled could have had the role reversed and I wonder how they would feel if their sled was stuck way back there and have stuff stolen. All I have to say is grow up.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valemount received 20-30cms of new snow a the beginning of this week which set us up for a great week of riding. The winds came in full force again and smashed the open alpine areas. A seasoned rider who holds a bit of mountain know how can follow the waves of wind affect to some amazing pockets of delight, but one should expect the open and common areas to be pretty darn solid.

We are still dealing with quite a rotten snowpack below 1800m and the tree riding at that elevation is challenging with the sugary snow below. Things drastically improve above the 1900m mark. The access trails have been buttery smooth and things are par for the course in that regard. Looks like things are forecasted to warm up a bit for the weekend which is amazing, -30 sucks!

Keep your wits about you and check www.avalanche.ca before your ride. There are issues within this year’s snowpack that you need to be aware of and you also need to know how to manage or avoid them. If you do venture out, please report any of your findings to the Mountain Information Network through Avalanche Canada.

Please remember to leave the facilities and the mountains as clean as you found them. Pack out everything you pack in and more. The garbage cans located in the cabins are only for those who can’t understand this concept.

For the full report visit Home | Valemount and Area Recreation Development Association or Valemount Area Recreation Development Association | Facebook for the latest update videos

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man.....what is the world coming too?....the poor guy whose sled had to be left on the mountain and then choppered out due to an electrical issue had both of his belts stolen....so now on top of a heli bill he is out 400 in belts....this is disgusting.

A completely classless act. I thought sledder's were better than that.

Limbo

Reaction score
Heading to Valemount for tomorrow morning solo, looking for a group to sled with. I have AST 1 with all the gear, can get around the mountain fairly well, 2015 T3. Most of my time at Clemina and Allen has been spent in the trees and creeks. If you wouldn't mind one more member in your group message me here, I'll check back in periodically and in the morning.

Dave

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man.....what is the world coming too?....the poor guy whose sled had to be left on the mountain and then choppered out due to an electrical issue had both of his belts stolen....so now on top of a heli bill he is out 400 in belts....this is disgusting.

What a bunch of losers that did that! When my m1000 burnt down years ago guys stole the can off it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShawnPrince

Reaction score
Hey Dave we are a group of 3 taking our ast1 at climina tomorrow but will be able to take a 4th on Sat and sun. Do have a radio

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom