2016 / 2017 Valemount Conditions and Updates

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail was good but must have been 300 riders up there

Just need to read the posts.
But yes trail was open. Getting real bumpy on way down but like mention must have been couple hundred sleds. We left at noon and people were still rolling in. Snow was good but lots of hike and open creeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks 2 the people out 300 that helped my family get unstuck asked many no one would help took a simple tug parking lot wasn't plowed many trucks stuck got a good 3.5 hours in in some fresh snow sure help my day trial had a great fix on the ice heave problem but was whooped bad trying to double my 7 year old up and down was murder hope tomorrow is better at climina

vrscr43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Clemina today
Spent 3/4 of it in morning glory
Powder coming over the hood all day.
We got about 30 min of sun and never actually broke over the top.
Went to the goat bowl at the end of the day, good powder but lots of riders chewing it up.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Long shot but I lost my phone on the 26th in the bottom parking lot, phones prob toast but I'd like to try and salvage my sim.

We were parked pretty much right beside the road into the upper lot. There was only about 5 trucks in the bottom lot when we left, I had great plans of searching for it today but the lot was completely full. If anyone happened to stumble upon it a pm would be awesome, its a note 3 no pen and has a otter box case

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe we have your phone. I have not seen it yet, but staff turned a phone in to the office. I will be there from 8-9 this morning before heading out into the field. Our new office is located at 1020 commercial drive. Turn left before the caribou grill. third building in.

Long shot but I lost my phone on the 26th in the bottom parking lot, phones prob toast but I'd like to try and salvage my sim.

We were parked pretty much right beside the road into the upper lot. There was only about 5 trucks in the bottom lot when we left, I had great plans of searching for it today but the lot was completely full. If anyone happened to stumble upon it a pm would be awesome, its a note 3 no pen and has a otter box case

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good morning,

As mentioned above, the snow is great out there and yes its busy, its the holiday season.

The storm on the 26th caught us by surprise as it was only supposed to drop 5cms. All parking lots are to be plowed before the crowds hit this morning. Please park smart and respectful, AWAY from the entrances to the staging areas and always be prepared for winter conditions in the parking lots.

Lots of new load out there. Please ride smart and lets all have a safe holiday season!

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe we have your phone. I have not seen it yet, but staff turned a phone in to the office. I will be there from 8-9 this morning before heading out into the field. Our new office is located at 1020 commercial drive. Turn left before the caribou grill. third building in.

Awesome news, anyone heading to PG from vale today? PM me please if you wouldn't mind grabbing my phone

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Great day at clemina smooth trail plowed lot great snow to found if your looking for good snow try lake view meadows was mostly untracked at 3pm could play there all morning

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 952
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 922
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 916

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The skies opened up just before the busy holiday season and the alpine snow has been pretty amazing. Groomers have been out in full force and will continue through to the new year. There is certainly some riding pressure over the holidays although there are many fresh lines left out there and it looks like we may even be getting some sun over the weekend.

Please remember good backcountry etiquette and pack out what you pack in and lend a hand to those who need it!

For a full report please follow this link
Grooming Schedule and Conditions - Home | Home

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Panzerdg...looks like the little fella had a blast! That's awesome! Exactly what this time of year and this sport is all about, good on ya! Have fun and be safe!

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A big thanks to tpowers crew today. Got stuck turning around on a steeper trail and got stuck. They lent a hand.

Saw some cops in the parking lot no clue what the incident Curtis mentioned was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom