2016 / 2017 Valemount Conditions and Updates

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the weather been? Looking at forecasts and the wind chills look nasty.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode clemina Friday it was cold but dressed warm trial was very good goat ridge bowl was ok lots of tracks danger basin was better with more untouched snow but more rock hazards came back for a warm up then tryed Avalanche valley was the least amount of snow I have seen there ever the big climbs are not ready at all so we went and tryed lakeveiw meadows and found the goods we didn't try up by the hill climb looked skinny from cabin was good day and everyone had fun

went to Allen on Saturday trial was icy but good when you got higher up there was bits of fresh in the trees that was fun and waist deep total when stuck never went past hill climb as got flat light and we were getting tired all glad we went to Allan drove home today on an icy hiway

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay home they said, it's tracked out they said, it's gonna be miserably cold they said.... If you bailed on your trip because of cold weather predictions, you missed out. The weather was very decent this weekend.
We had a pretty sick day at Allen creek today. Yes, the main areas are tracked. Is there bumper deep pow? Sure is, you just have venture out and find it.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am still going to go early Friday morning and Saturday all give an update

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See what the weather does might ride Allen Friday -28 with wind nice to have a cabin only -17 Saturday thinking chappel not for sure yet

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are crazy. I have a -15 cutoff....then it is declared a hot tub n Caesar day.;)

We rode -38 in mcbride a few years back...now anything less than -20 feels balmy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bud800

Reaction score
Rode at -52 air temp once in Yellowknife (can't remember wind chill but it wasn't much more) just to say I did. Was running mineral oil in an 800 ptek just so it would run in weeks of extreme cold. Wore a doo Mod2 helmet and even then it's literally life and death if you have exposed skin for too long. Not a long ride but worth it for the experience few will ever get.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode at -52 air temp once in Yellowknife (can't remember wind chill but it wasn't much more) just to say I did. Was running mineral oil in an 800 ptek just so it would run in weeks of extreme cold. Wore a doo Mod2 helmet and even then it's literally life and death if you have exposed skin for too long. Not a long ride but worth it for the experience few will ever get.

You win!!

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cold just wont quit!

Conditions are still thin down low but the trails are holding up very well and as smooth as butter! Common alpine areas are smashed and riders will need to get a little different to find the fresh lines until we get a substantial reload.
Riders are urged to use caution as many hazards such as rocks, stumps and open water still exist in the alpine areas.

STAY WARM, help is a long ways away!

Grooming / Access

Clemina – Groomed Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun evenings as user numbers dictate. Riding in the area is very affected although the trees are riding good with the bridging crust down lower in the snowpack.

Allan Creek – Groomed Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun evenings as user numbers dictate. The trails has a few water blowouts that we have never seen before. Not creeks or depressions but clean ice overflowing on the trail. These spots are easily navigated and momentum is your friend, just giver er!

Chappell – Groomed Thursday evenings for now. The riding in this areas is worn to say the least...Please remember that Chappell is surrounded by wildlife closures for the mountain caribou. Please know where you are at all times in relation to the area boundaries.

Moral of the story is that we need snow, but a day on the mountain is better than a day....anywhere!

Etek boilermaker

Reaction score
The hardest part of Tuesday was getting the trucks to start, but once at Clemina it wasn't too bad. On a good note my new 850 165" ran like a dream, very impressed with the power just need to learn to stop falling over till I get used to it.

Top Bottom