2016/17 Revelstoke Conditions

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trail up yesterday was like glass once they had enough snow depth. It was a pleasure to get on and off the hill. Big thanks to everyone in the revelstoke snowmobile club!

Also if you're headed up make sure you have some warm gear. The temps up high are a LOT colder than usual. Long range forecast showing a lot of -20's at elevation with the windchill. There was a guy riding alone yesterday with very limited english skills on a used turbo he just bought that had broken on the way up the trail. I won't say what type of turbo because it's a TOP SECRET. Riding alone is never a good idea and in these conditions spending the night could be life or death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mlins18

Reaction score
Anyone been into Keystone in the last few days? I know someone a while back said they were in there and gave their sleds some nice new pin stripping from all the alders haha.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were in Keystone on the weekend. Snow on the trail is definitely on the low side as the alders are exposed in places. Wasn't too worried about the pin striping as the pow was deep up top.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was with TDR and we did not go around the shovel as lots of great snow to be had in the trees plus it was quite cloudy and socked in at times so we did not want to get into big open Alpine that day. Definitely needs about 5 or 6 feet of snow to fully get trails set up and willows covered up.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keystone had quite a bit less than Frisby as an example. Probed no higher than 195cm several spots on Keystone. Probed as high as 270cm in the trees on Frisby and 240 elsewhere.

Still could use more snow below 5500' every where.

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Buddies sled cratered back in Boulder right before sugar bowl. Tried to contract a chopper but they didn't get to it before the sun went down. Anyone have any suggestions before we get them out tomorrow? Guy is telling us he needs to fly to the sled, drop off a guy, fly the sled back, fly back again and pick up the guy. Just sounds unreasonable to me? Side note: the guy he's dropping off is suppose toe guide us for the day (not an employee).

Thanks!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on the chopper size he may have to do that, especially if your sled is a 4 stroke and you are a big guy. Lift at altitude can be a challenge at times.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your not to sugar pull yet hook up a rope and pull the thing out

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bring crazy carpets. Hay wire them to skid. Strap between 2 sleds and pull er out!

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Buddies sled cratered back in Boulder right before sugar bowl. Tried to contract a chopper but they didn't get to it before the sun went down. Anyone have any suggestions before we get them out tomorrow? Guy is telling us he needs to fly to the sled, drop off a guy, fly the sled back, fly back again and pick up the guy. Just sounds unreasonable to me? Side note: the guy he's dropping off is suppose toe guide us for the day (not an employee).

Thanks!

This time of your just get it lifted out. It will be a hard pull and probably wreck ****. last season I was a Good Samaritan and it cost me my vei tunnel brace think it was around $500, the belt probably also took a beating. It turns out it would have been cheaper to pay for the kids chopper bill haha. He felt super bad after he seen what it did to my sled and offered me some money. I told him not to worry about it as I could have drove past him.

Q
75e3f32ce7da14183cdd7846cae9a486.jpg

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you leave it in a clearing with flat ground near by? If so the pilot can do it himself. They charge by the minute so you got to make it easy for them $$$

Cameron7

Reaction score
Rode frisby Monday paid 10 dollars fee to ride thought that was reasonable since we are riding gravel
for first km and a bit, second day grumpy was running booth charged us 20 bucks was pure gravel for 1 km
Third day we took back access road up and parked at snow level there is ample room at km 2 for trailers and trucks
just a suggestion so guys don't have to buy new skis after riding one weekend is to let everyone park up there and charge 10 bucks,

just so I don't start a pissing match here I wanna state that every year I buy into the revelstoke membership,

its just common sense most guys are parking up there anyways but are just by-passing toll both, not that we don't wanna pay it's just hard on the machines,

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You buy a membership and pay a trail fee? Doesn't make sense.

And $10? Never heard of a $10 trail fee anywhere in Revy in the last ummm 10 years? Likely before I was riding there. Some new mid week special? Lol

If someone only charged you that great deal! but $20 is the daily fee and if "grumpy" was grumpy it was likely because you were trying to avoid the $20.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And $10? Never heard of a $10 trail fee anywhere in Revy in the last ummm 10 years? Likely before I was riding there. Some new mid week special? Lol

If someone only charged you that great deal! but $20 is the daily fee and if "grumpy" was grumpy it was likely because you were trying to avoid the $20.

I have been charged only $10 a few times recently. Usually when it was pounded out.

kgazzard

Reaction score

Our group paid $10 earlier this week too. Then jumped to $20 which is fine, since 90% of the trail is groomed. But not allowing trucks with decks, let alone trailers up to that 1km mark where the snow started. More than enough room for lots of enclosed trailers at that area and numerous decks. Just don't understand why they aren't letting guys up there. If there was some snow, understandable. But it's pure rock right now.

Cameron7

Reaction score
Don't worry boys take the bounce has been riding there for 10 years and has never been charged 10 dollars so clearly that deal doesn't excist, I have a membership the guys that came with me didn't. If you actually read my post I m trying to help the organization but your so eager to add up your number of posts and keep your senior VIP status, f****** tool, any ways you keep burning your skies up on the gravel,

Top Bottom