2016/17 Revelstoke Conditions

Barley

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has some relevant information on snow conditions and staging or if this site is completely useless?

snow_farmer

Reaction score
Just spent the past three days in Revy. Everyday was deep and off and on sun! Trails up Frisby and Boulder were awful. Rode keystone yesterday and we dug out the side hill. Im sure we were the first ones past it this year! All the hard work is done for someone! Cheers

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Another reminder about the big wknd. coming up in Revy.
The Thunderstruck Premier and Annual Fundraising Auction is tomorrow Fri. Dec. 2 at the Coast Hillcrest Hotel. Once again our sponsors and contributors have donated some great items, thank you!!!! Join us to remember good friends and raise funds for worthy causes. Live auction starts at 8.
More info on the event here
Sat. Dec. 3 is the Grand Opening of the RSC`s new Greeting Centre. Our members and guests are welcome to join us from 3-9 p.m. Come down off the hill have a refreshment and snack and enjoy the new building with us. more info on the event here
There is also more info on all the events this season here on the RSC`s FB page https://www.facebook.com/revelstoke.snowmobile.club/events/

Please make plans to join us, hope to see you there.

The snow that fell in town yesterday didn`t amount to much at lower elevation again, but I think you will see a great improvement on the trail conditions today :)
Please do not drive your vehicles past the grooming machines parked on the trails!!!!!!

Attachments

• TS.png
    TS.png
    477.4 KB · Views: 816
Last edited:

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Frisby & Boulder last two days lot's of untouched snow but creeks are a constant hazard. If the vis is good it's nice albeit the snow is set up pretty good in most places and you could climb Everest. So much so that I cat walked my 850 over backwards on a straight climb on my first ride.(I can't be bothered to post pics here I did post a pic on Instagram #badgrampa408) If the vis is low and you want to go full on be prepared to go over the bars unless your a local and really no the area.The woops on both hills are brutal. If you think it's like last season's early riding it's not close but it worth the trip if you come out lots but if you come a few times a year wait till it snows a meter or two. I took my enclosed up to 7 km Kirkup yesterday made it in and out, pucker factor at 10 in and 10+ coming out with skiff of fresh The sign posted half way up is a little misleading. I will check with a local before I bring my trailer next year.

Last edited:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
We had plans of trying to put in trails this morning. The snow last night forecasted did not happen and it rained at the elevation the machines are at this morning.
We are telling you DO NOT HAUL BIG TRAILERS UP THE MTNS.!!!!!!!
Use trucks/decks and 2 place open trailers. You need good winter tires, you are travelling up a steep, snow covered, icy, single wide mtn. rd. Parking and turn arounds are limited, the snowline changes everyday with precip and temps.
This morning again we have 2 big enclosed trailers jack knifed blocking the rd. on Boulder.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friggin dumb fawks, God the idiots don't listen

Seriously, it wrecks everybody else's day that's behind you, come on guys and gals

Wait till the snow is down the hills to bring enclosed trailers

sent while drinking tea's

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday at 6km I had to stop on the road as I saw a snow bike leaving the lot. I slid backwards down the road. This is with a sled deck and brand new studded winter tires. Oh yeah the snow isn't even that good right now. There is only 4 feet at the cabin at boulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Friggin dumb fawks, God the idiots don't listen

Seriously, it wrecks everybody else's day that's behind you, come on guys and gals

Wait till the snow is down the hills to bring enclosed trailers

sent while drinking tea's

So I'm guessing it wasn't you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Dinner tkts for the event Fri. night are sold out now, thanks everyone for your support. Everyone else is still welcome to join us at 8 p.m. for the auction/raffle. The Hillcrest is running a shuttle for us, please call the hotel 250 837 3322 for the pick up schedule.
See you all tomorrow.:snow::snow::snow::rollingpin:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Both Mtns. are being groomed right now. We will not be charging tomorrow and nor will our staff be trying to park everyone up a steep, icy, snow covered, single lane road.
We are doing the best we can with the conditions that we are dealing with now.
Snow in the forecast and you all better be snow dancing for things to get better. My feet hurt!!!!!

Top Bottom