2015 Yamaha Release this morning

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same ch!t all the time??? Fill the dam things up with fuel and weigh them. Not directed at you Lund.
A 2014 800 Pro Climb 163 full of fuel ready to ride and after market can weigh's this weight so I can't see 100lbs difference. Add electric start to 800 and I don't believe the difference will be 50lbs.
IMO
Someone weigh one of these full ready to ride.
PS; 2013 Polaris 155 pro full of fluids is 515.

Here is the actual wieght of a completely STOCK Viper mtx, nearly 560Lbs according to this scale.
Not any lighter then the Nytro imo and what i have weighed.
For the blind people the scale says 558, couple gallons of fuel in it. No fuel they are around 545.
Still a 100Lbs heavier then a comparable 2stroke.
BTW this is not my pic and was takin by some one else in some one elses shop.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k...8405B51-1022-000000EA81F5D65F_zpse7c01237.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Someone is going to have to explain the obsession with weight thing.
Doo used to be lighter than they are and no one complains.
Cat used to be lighter than they are now and very few complaints.
Poo is the lightest on the market and we add weight for durability.

I can pull a Poo or a Viper out of the trailer, but this year I'm choosing the Viper as my preferred ride. The handling, throttle response, and torque are awesome. They also ride better than my Poo.

Are people looking for an excuse to not buy one, or a reason to buy one. I'm not sure I understand.
I know there are haters out there that will bash the Yamaha every chance they get, but those people won't buy one anyway. I really encourage people to get out and ride one.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone is going to have to explain the obsession with weight thing.
Doo used to be lighter than they are and no one complains.
Cat used to be lighter than they are now and very few complaints.
Poo is the lightest on the market and we add weight for durability.

I can pull a Poo or a Viper out of the trailer, but this year I'm choosing the Viper as my preferred ride. The handling, throttle response, and torque are awesome. They also ride better than my Poo.

Are people looking for an excuse to not buy one, or a reason to buy one. I'm not sure I understand.
I know there are haters out there that will bash the Yamaha every chance they get, but those people won't buy one anyway. I really encourage people to get out and ride one.

Well said...

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? It surprises me that you guys don't think its a big deal? Im guessing it boils down to what people are doing with them. For a lot of riding im sure that a bit of weight isn't going to make a huge difference if the sled is set up and balanced right. For climbing, it probably doesn't matter if the sled is 600 or 700lbs......if it is set up well and making good power it is going to work awesome. But for tight tree riding, jumping, drops, etc.......weight makes a huge difference in my experience. The best example I can think of is going from my 05 RT1000 to my 2007 Rev 800. There was no comparison what so ever. The rev was WAY lighter, and was a million times more fun to ride. Not saying that makes heavy sleds bad......but they are definitely purpose built. And don't take that as a slam against yammis in any way. I like them....I want one some day....but I would like to see them light enough to be fun for all around riding. Some day..........and when that day comes it will have a boost it kit on it. :)

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really a dig, but actually just an opinion that there are also places that you could go with a 2 stroke N/A sled can go where you on a 4 stroke turbo would get stuck.... well I guess they could go there, but not nearly with the success of an 2 smoke N/A. IMO:beer::D

(sorry for going so off topic guys.. back to your regular scheduled program)

I'm not sure how to take the second part of your statement....kinda sounds like a bit of a dig. Do I ride as aggressively as I used too? No. I choose not to. Doesn't mean I can't.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO, a sled is only as good as the rider...there are many skilled riders out there that can do anything with any brand of sled, and there are many riders that do not like big air, drop offs etc....to say something can't be done on a yamaha is a bold statement....are they the best in steep tight tree's probably not, are they the fastest in stock form, nope....they do handle really well, they are one of the most reliable sled ever built, and the ability to make big power and stay together they are number one....and when people realize that a four stroke sled will likely never be as light a two stroke (static weight) and take one for a ride, for more than 5 mins, some minds will be changed....gone are the days of the RX-1.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Really? It surprises me that you guys don't think its a big deal? Im guessing it boils down to what people are doing with them. For a lot of riding im sure that a bit of weight isn't going to make a huge difference if the sled is set up and balanced right. For climbing, it probably doesn't matter if the sled is 600 or 700lbs......if it is set up well and making good power it is going to work awesome. But for tight tree riding, jumping, drops, etc.......weight makes a huge difference in my experience. The best example I can think of is going from my 05 RT1000 to my 2007 Rev 800. There was no comparison what so ever. The rev was WAY lighter, and was a million times more fun to ride. Not saying that makes heavy sleds bad......but they are definitely purpose built. And don't take that as a slam against yammis in any way. I like them....I want one some day....but I would like to see them light enough to be fun for all around riding. Some day..........and when that day comes it will have a boost it kit on it. :)
I agree there are certain times when weight does matter like putting a machine in the air. That is when the weight really shows and it seems every pound matters.
90 percent of the riders out there don't air out their sleds though.
People would be shocked how well these sleds get around in tight trees. In my opinion a turbo is important (obviously) but the torque these sleds make will make them do things a two stroke can't do.
I have some crappy helmet cam vid from the weekend because my camera was pointing at my skis, but it is almost all deep pow tree riding. The sad part is that you can't get aspect because of the angle. I will post it up on a different post anyway when I get it downloaded.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I posted the weighs for LBZ benefits and for no other reason, people can take it for what it is it really doesn't matter i'm not on here to promote or dis the product.
Plus i'm leary of anyone connected too or dealing with a perticular product that they promote, as most of the time its been my experience they are full of BS, not pointing fingers just saying, thus another reason why i posted the weights.
Like i mentioned befor in other threads, i ride my sled's and don't lift them, so imo weight is not my priority but reliability and general performance are. Though weight does play a role in performance and handling, i'm not hung up on it like alot of the girls on here.

BTW, i just found out that the pic i posted was NOT a MTX but was a XTX stretched to a 162 with Zbro arms. So it is not a legit # imo for a stock MTX with a 162 track.
Sorry for the misleading info. i did not know till just now. Though i think the MTX will be very close.

Last edited:

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I posted the weighs for LBZ benefits and for no other reason, people can take it for what it is it really doesn't matter i'm not on here to promote or dis the product.
Plus i'm leary of anyone connected too or dealing with a perticular product that they promote, as most of the time its been my experience they are full of BS, not pointing fingers just saying, thus another reason why i posted the weights.
Like i mentioned befor in other threads, i ride my sled's and don't lift them, so imo weight is not my priority but reliability and general performance are. Though weight does play a role in performance and handling, i'm not hung up on it like alot of the girls on here.

BTW, i just found out that the pic i posted was NOT a MTX but was a XTX stretched to a 162 with Zbro arms. So it is not a legit # imo for a stock MTX with a 162 track.
Sorry for the misleading info. i did not know till just now. Though i think the MTX will be very close.

i think the new mtx viper will be lighter or around same weight & this is what a nytro weighs its 40lbs more oh & you have to subtract 8lbs for the strap on that viper cause it wasnt zeroed.

Attachments

• 01B12809-50E3-4480-9B06-1B8B8F5A2677-1281-000000F57813C48B_zps4afe1b1b.jpg
    01B12809-50E3-4480-9B06-1B8B8F5A2677-1281-000000F57813C48B_zps4afe1b1b.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 215

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But for tight tree riding, jumping, drops, etc.......weight makes a huge difference in my experience.

Maybe....but so what. There's a lot less people doing that stuff than some here would like to think. Nobody I know both young and old are doing drops (on purpose anyway), and I personally don't get the point of ducking tree branches while you're pushing yourself ahead with one foot all friggin' day and smearing bark all over your sled. I got rid of my boosted Nytro last year, but not because of weight. I couldn't get past the handling issues. With the new chassis Yami should have that solved. If they do then I'd love to go back to a sled I don't have to put a top end into every 2 years. That chit's getting really old for me.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they will win a few over, and would love to test one out but...

I really doubt it would be around 50 pounds.. I would be surprised if it's not closer to 100. Time will tell.

These vids don't show when 6 guys are trying to get a 4 stroke unstuck somewhere...and if you say that you don't get stuck.. well...that's where the adventure ends for some and begins for others.;)

I have seen Chris B get unstuck and he flips the sled over with ease. Strong fellow for his size though

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ducking tree branches and bark remnants are what it's about for me. Riding trees make it a challenge that is somewhat safe and keeps me young.
I'm a bigger fellah, perhaps the handling in the new chassis will make a difference, but hour to hour spent on upkeep and maintenance I think would be the same both ways..
I think it will take at least a couple of years for the "hammers" to make any dent in the market/

Maybe....but so what. There's a lot less people doing that stuff than some here would like to think. Nobody I know both young and old are doing drops (on purpose anyway), and I personally don't get the point of ducking tree branches while you're pushing yourself ahead with one foot all friggin' day and smearing bark all over your sled. I got rid of my boosted Nytro last year, but not because of weight. I couldn't get past the handling issues. With the new chassis Yami should have that solved. If they do then I'd love to go back to a sled I don't have to put a top end into every 2 years. That chit's getting really old for me.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so how is this sled any different from the m1100 turbo which already exists? other than the motor. but roughly the same HP.? same chassis
I completely agree with that statement, very true, other then a few minor changes, its the same sled.
Other then if your going to turbo the sled, even though you can turbo both and they are offered in both. The Yamaha Nytro motor is WAY WAY better, makes more and easier power and its cheaper to do it with.
Chad at CR runs a m1100 with all kinds of goodies and other then basic handling, the Nytro takes it through the ringer. He'ed tell you that himself.
The Yamaha motor in this chassi will be a much better setup for those looking into big power over the Cat motor.
But otherwise, ya its the same sled.

What is nice about this merger is it opens the door to the more average rider who wishes to enter the 4stroke turbo realm. The Cat chassi is FAR more user friendly compared to the Nytro. The Nytro not so, though an extremely capable sled in the hands of a good experience rider the Cat chassi will allow the average not so experience rider to enjoy.
Smart move on both Cat and Yamaha.
Though i wish Yamaha would of designed their own chassi.

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
I completely agree with that statement, very true, other then a few minor changes, its the same sled.
Other then if your going to turbo the sled, even though you can turbo both and they are offered in both. The Yamaha Nytro motor is WAY WAY better, makes more and easier power and its cheaper to do it with.
Chad at CR runs a m1100 with all kinds of goodies and other then basic handling, the Nytro takes it through the ringer. He'ed tell you that himself.
The Yamaha motor in this chassi will be a much better setup for those looking into big power over the Cat motor.
But otherwise, ya its the same sled.

Could the 1100 motor be better in some respects, sure, but i don't know why so many seeming have such a distaste for it. The Yami motor is lighter and doesnt sound like a tractor. WAY WAY better seems like a stretch. It can make the same hp with less boost so I guess it makes more power at the same boost level. Advantageous yes, but WAY WAY better? And not sure how it's cheaper to do it? At the current snow check of $2500 for the MPI 180 kit, that is 70hp less than an Evo BC250 that is 91 oct and $500 more, and still doesnt use a shim. A $300 bump is 30hp more, still no shim. Real elevation hp (above 230) can only be achieved using something bigger than the stock turbo on the 1100. Most know this, but some still cling to mistruth, probably because they dont have a better option in their prodct lines they sell. You can't compare a "280hp reflash of any kind" to a 270hp (any turbo kit) nitro. That won't even be close. No one should dispute that.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could the 1100 motor be better in some respects, sure, but i don't know why so many seeming have such a distaste for it. The Yami motor is lighter and doesnt sound like a tractor. WAY WAY better seems like a stretch. It can make the same hp with less boost so I guess it makes more power at the same boost level. Advantageous yes, but WAY WAY better? And not sure how it's cheaper to do it? At the current snow check of $2500 for the MPI 180 kit, that is 70hp less than an Evo BC250 that is 91 oct and $500 more, and still doesnt use a shim. A $300 bump is 30hp more, still no shim. Real elevation hp (above 230) can only be achieved using something bigger than the stock turbo on the 1100. Most know this, but some still cling to mistruth, probably because they dont have a better option in their prodct lines they sell. You can't compare a "280hp reflash of any kind" to a 270hp (any turbo kit) nitro. That won't even be close. No one should dispute that.

I gotta tell ya ... I have ridin with the AC BC250 ... And no where did it compare to my Nytro MCX 270..! Is it 20 hp difference couldn't tell ya... And for the 300 BC running some gawdly amount of boost.. You won't ever catch me throwing monies at 1100.. They just don't have the same QC QA as Yamaha motor & Clutching IMO.... So lets get back to the Viper... Holy crap yur gonna see allot of these next season!

Top Bottom