2015 XM fuel issue?

Terry Kenney

Reaction score
Climbing up a short vertical waterfall approx. 1/3 tank fuel sled died. We Pulled the sled back down, to the point of being almost level tried to start but no luck. Checked for loose wires etc. all good but still wouldn't start. Took the time to level it horizontal, it then started first pull. This is the second time this has happened in 15 rides any insight? Had a buddy, had stalling issues on a 2011 related to fuel lines in the gas tank, apparently the fuel pickup check valves were the problem?

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing kinda happened to me at the end of the day today, super steep sidehill above some trees and right when I needed throttle the most it died and went for a little tumble

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe the coils going. Started ramdom. Happened to me everytime they got hot. Sled died. Wait 30 seconds and it started. Did it a few times random then got bad a few trips later. Drive 1/2 km died. I started it probably 200 times to make the truck the last day. Turned out to be coils

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We unloaded the T3 at the self-weigh scales in DeWinton the day we picked up the sled. I have no idea how much gas was put in for the PDI but the sled wouldn't run to get up the ramp. We had quite a struggle to get it up there. First thing I thought about was the fuel pick-up. I've never been low enough on fuel since so it hasn't happened again.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

did you have a good day and burn alot of fuel before this? i am wondering if like fernie says there just wasnt enough fuel supply when on that steep bank because i believe the pickup is at the front of the tank?

it may say 1/3 fuel but we all know those gauges are not very good

Terry Kenney

Reaction score
Ran it into Neway today, one of two fuel lines inside the fuel tank was not installed correctly. I really appreciated them jumping on it and getting it fixed.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know! I haven't had any issues with my T3 but if it does happen, I'll definitely check that out. Glad to hear it was a simple fix.

Mtdgt

Reaction score
Rode today same problem apparently we don't have it sorted out yet!

Top Bottom