2015 pro 800 over rev's

JdWhizkey

Reaction score
163" 800 pro. I added a couple of shims to the secondary clutch spring to get it to back shift a bit faster. stock 62 g weights in primary. have been noticing the last couple of rides that at lower elevations it will hit the rev limiter just about everywhere. noticed a couple of times above 8000' that it will sometimes get close to it as well. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed theirs doing the same thing and if you changed anything to stop the engine from reving so high. Last ride it was over reving above the cabin in Renshaw. Possible broken spring in the primary?:confused::confused::confused:

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you add more weight to the primary? I would have a look at the primary spring, and give it all a good cleaning. But if it's hitting Rev limit, it needs more weight.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I f your engine/pipe is stock and you're over-revving with stock clucthing then something is hanging up in there. A broken spring would cause low RPM. Maybe seized roller or bad weight bushings allowing them to hang up in the spider?

TUFFPOLARIS

Reaction score
Have you tried changing the belt? My sled was working perfect one day and the next it was overreving as if I was running mountain weights at low elevation. Changed the belt and it was back to normal. I believe I had gotten some snow into the clutch area (stored it outside without a cover for 2 days) and caused the belt to slip.

Top Bottom