Kurts Clutch Kit For 2011 800 Pro

nosaj82

Reaction score
So i recently purchased a kurts clutch kit for my 2011 pro 800 which came with a primary spring and a new helix and spring for the secondary. I was told i would not need to adjust my weights with this Kurts kit when i purchased it. Current weights in the sled are 10-62. However i have been getting some different opinions lately saying that i will need to adjust my weights.

Has anybody used this kit that had good success and can you share your set up?

Thanks in advance

jhard

Reaction score
So i recently purchased a kurts clutch kit for my 2011 pro 800 which came with a primary spring and a new helix and spring for the secondary. I was told i would not need to adjust my weights with this Kurts kit when i purchased it. Current weights in the sled are 10-62. However i have been getting some different opinions lately saying that i will need to adjust my weights.

Has anybody used this kit that had good success and can you share your set up?

Thanks in advance
first ride out with mine this year and the Kurts gear down kit was the best mod I have done on the sled way better track speeds and good back shifting I don't think a weight change is needed but may beable to tweak it to make it better

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would this be the same kit?

That is Part of the Kit. I believe the one from Cycle works also includes Gear down for the Quick Drive.
I just did the Gear down and Clutching and paid close to Cycle works price but got it Direct from Curt at Kurts.
Hopefully try it this weekend!!

nosaj82

Reaction score
first ride out with mine this year and the Kurts gear down kit was the best mod I have done on the sled way better track speeds and good back shifting I don't think a weight change is needed but may beable to tweak it to make it better

Thanks for letting me know it works, I was thinking that would be next upgrade after I test this clutch kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know it works, I was thinking that would be next upgrade after I test this clutch kit

Absolutely get a gear down. I only went to the 2.25 so far and it was a big difference. Still hit GPS verified 82mph, no need to go that fast so will be going to the 2.42 next.

Top Bottom