2015... 174 1000ci three inch skidoo....

YamaDooPolCat

Reaction score
I wonder if BRP found a place to pull intake air in the deep snow when these sleds want to quit.
The underhood temperatures are also getting so bad plastic stuff is melting.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if BRP found a place to pull intake air in the deep snow when these sleds want to quit.
The underhood temperatures are also getting so bad plastic stuff is melting.

I think we can thanks the sound regulations on this issue, having to enclose everything tight to keep the noise down, as well as intake noise.
I did a mesh hood and took care of both problems. I am surprised how well it sheds snow and stays clear, always fresh cool air for intake. I did it mainly for the weight loss but the benefits are many.

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
skidoo.jpg skidoo1.jpg

From snowest

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still available in black, thank goodness.

Scratchers mounted at front of rails.

174x3 800 available, too bad that part of the lineup picture is out of the frame.

New seat.

No big bore.

Maybe new rails for bigger wheels?

That's all I see.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I said before there wouldn't be a 174 3" factory option for awhile. I guess I get to eat my words if infact this is all legit. Best looking info to a recent pre-release I have seen yet.

But really, I would like to see the sales report for a 174 3" option over the first year. I just don't see the demand.

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Different A arms and spindles.

I thought the same thing, of course the picture is cutoff juuuust right so you can't tell for sure. The other pic shows the yellow one with the same 2014 front end. Kind of interesting that the yellow model is in its own row apart from the X almost like its a specific model.

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Track looks to have way more smaller nubs on the inside also .
More than 3 inch that exists at this time.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the same thing, of course the picture is cutoff juuuust right so you can't tell for sure. The other pic shows the yellow one with the same 2014 front end. Kind of interesting that the yellow model is in its own row apart from the X almost like its a specific model.
I'm betting there are 3 inch only models and 2.5 inch only models?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I said before there wouldn't be a 174 3" factory option for awhile. I guess I get to eat my words if infact this is all legit. Best looking info to a recent pre-release I have seen yet.

But really, I would like to see the sales report for a 174 3" option over the first year. I just don't see the demand.

Here in edmonton the 163 x model sells 2 to 1 compared to the 154 so I would say there will be a good market for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Demon700

Reaction score
Shock looks longer. The shock mounting brackt on the lower a-arm is different. Looks liek the bracing and the back of the top a-arm is different as well. Hard to tell from that angle though.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that pink spindles and riser on the freeride? Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom