2014 Yamaha Viper

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya maybe ride with guys who take better care of their rides, I'm on 3300 km on the same belt at the moment, just had a temp sensor fail two weeks ago , first problem i have had in three seasons on this cat, two guys i work with blew their rmks up another buddy blew his 13 pro up this year, i know a doo guy whos on belt 3 this year and its an 11 etec only 400 miles on the season, and 5 of us with cats at work, no problems whatsoever, and four other cats in our group and all still going not a hiccup

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right Lowlife everyone has different experiences. And TMO can you enlighten me on how to better maintain a new 1100 turbo that continually blows belts from day 1 ? Have buddies with them that go back to the dealer after every ride from day 1 for clutch aligning only to blow two belts again the following weekend. Or keep flashing engine codes from day 1? As well as buddies with new M800s So this is the customers fault for not maintaining there sleds???

joebrokeit

Reaction score
Wow alot of the same ole crap being said here!! I've been a yammie man since the 70's and they consistently build some of the most reliable sleds on the market!!!! I have not seen a true yammie mountain sled yet very disappointing. I do believe that will change in the next 5 years jmho. I currently ride cat and will until yammie makes a true mtn sled! That being said yammie is a step ahead of the rest in the fact that like it or not 4 stroke is the wave of the future. Love your 2 stroke all you want( I sure love mine). Look at all other motorized equipment(recreational,lawn care,cars,boats,etc,ect,ect) four stroke is here to stay!!! Go buy a two stroke road bike lol. Just saying knock them all ya want but you can't beat em for reliability. Oh and they sound freakin awesome!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow alot of the same ole crap being said here!! I've been a yammie man since the 70's and they consistently build some of the most reliable sleds on the market!!!! I have not seen a true yammie mountain sled yet very disappointing. I do believe that will change in the next 5 years jmho. I currently ride cat and will until yammie makes a true mtn sled! That being said yammie is a step ahead of the rest in the fact that like it or not 4 stroke is the wave of the future. Love your 2 stroke all you want( I sure love mine). Look at all other motorized equipment(recreational,lawn care,cars,boats,etc,ect,ect) four stroke is here to stay!!! Go buy a two stroke road bike lol. Just saying knock them all ya want but you can't beat em for reliability. Oh and they sound freakin awesome!

B.s. to some of Ur rant.

What the #1 boat motor , cleanest ect.

Evinrude etech 2 stroke boat motor.

from my HTC

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
B.s. to some of Ur rant.

What the #1 boat motor , cleanest ect.

Evinrude etech 2 stroke boat motor.

from my HTC

Sorry to burst your bubble......Etec in the Marine world is similar to Yamaha in the Mountain market.......a very very small player. But hey we can all believe that will change someday ;)

EPA has clamped down hard on the marine world under 9.9 hp...No MFG is allowed to manufacture that product past Dec 31, 2012......wonder what is next??

I have seen and rode the SR Viper.........its pretty cool ( a buddy of mine had an M8 last year all blacked out with that funky orange.......I said to him at the time..."thats a good looking sled Lyle") So for us Western riders it's another opportunity to add some Boost and track length of choice on a new platform. It'll be a blast. :)
Safe sledding
RS

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble......Etec in the Marine world is similar to Yamaha in the Mountain market.......a very very small player. But hey we can all believe that will change someday ;)

EPA has clamped down hard on the marine world under 9.9 hp...No MFG is allowed to manufacture that product past Dec 31, 2012......wonder what is next??

I have seen and rode the SR Viper.........its pretty cool ( a buddy of mine had an M8 last year all blacked out with that funky orange.......I said to him at the time..."thats a good looking sled Lyle") So for us Western riders it's another opportunity to add some Boost and track length of choice on a new platform. It'll be a blast. :)
Safe sledding
RS

That's perfect .. We can put our choice of rear skid and track on it, turbo kit that works, the more I think about this sled the more I think it's gonna be pretty cool.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Shes a good looking buggy......162/174x3", narrow front end, CR tunnel Extension, Couple the skid, Big Snorkel for Boost, and I think it will be fun.
Yamaha Clutches will keep the HP in check :)
Safe sledding and happy boosting
RS

Attachments

• SR Viper.jpg
    SR Viper.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 237

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or you could just buy the same chassis with a 163, a 38" front end, a factory turbo and still have warranty with 180 HP. Nice to have choices fo sho.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shes a good looking buggy......162/174x3", narrow front end, CR tunnel Extension, Couple the skid, Big Snorkel for Boost, and I think it will be fun.
RS

They only fit 15" wide tracks?

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They only fit 15" wide tracks?
we can talk all we want can't say much until the product is out I have a s/c apex and a M8 and the apex is scarry hp but the M8 is great in the trees but the apex is heavier by 200lbs alot of weight to throw around all day. I no the reliability of the yamaha can't be matched by any sled but the weight is the killer for it as a mountain sled and I hope the new viper has the weight down but still keep the reliability of a yamaha we'll see.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Safe sledding
RS

What ever randy. Ur a bit brand loyal.

Even the bigger 2 smoke etechs ( or lack there of smoke ) weight way less and have 2 times the power per displacement in a smaller package.

from my HTC

bourgon

Reaction score
that's easy to do with yammies, because nothing changes...lol

Same as every one else doo is running the same chassy for 6 years same motor for 10-12 years so they changed the carbs then went to efi . Went to the xm anr all they did was change the skid and track a bit of plastic and wow all new! I bash what I have a right to bash doo has left me on the side of the hill more than once a lot more cosg me a lot of days of ridding so now I ride a yammy. Not a big fan of ac and have had no exp with poo so nothing bad to say about them just sick of all the haters out their and it dose not cost 30 k to boost a yammy I was out the door for 17, 900 and have put another 3 in to it but no 2stroke cant keep up!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same as every one else doo is running the same chassy for 6 years same motor for 10-12 years so they changed the carbs then went to efi . Went to the xm anr all they did was change the skid and track a bit of plastic and wow all new! I bash what I have a right to bash doo has left me on the side of the hill more than once a lot more cosg me a lot of days of ridding so now I ride a yammy. Not a big fan of ac and have had no exp with poo so nothing bad to say about them just sick of all the haters out their and it dose not cost 30 k to boost a yammy I was out the door for 17, 900 and have put another 3 in to it but no 2stroke cant keep up!

What? Brp has been refining the xp/XM chssssis bit by bit for 5 years. Something fairly serious changed every year. And the Etec is a new motor that has been around for only 3? So?

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RS

Any idea if the 3" will fit without mods? Hopefully just a driver change maybe?

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RS

Good to c yur out of hiding :cool: now send one of those Vipers to NM... Win Win!!

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
OK...im sure the key hot rodders will have them dialed in time for next season :)
Dealers are in tune with making them 162/174 as parts are easily avialable and reasonably priced.
Cheers
RS

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
different strokes for different folks. obviously some want lightweight and easy handling without having to spend any extra money to achieve it. it is apparent in sales, you can crow about your 2 stroke killing yamaha all you want. you know as well as I do there are places a lightweight 2 stroke will be a lot more fun to ride than any boosted 4 stroke.

my post that got you worked up enough that you quoted was a tongue in cheek response to a friend, who happens to ride a boosted yammie. I have a few friends that ride them, and do not hold it against them. ride what you want, just don't tell me it's the best for me.

Top Bottom