2014 Yamaha Viper

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So basically yamaha still sucks and will continue making crappy heavy 4 strokes that need a ton of money to be competitve mountain machines..... cool story. maybe they should bring the guy over from the dirtbike department that has kept the 2 strokes going and give him some money to work on a 2 stroke viper sled.

deeker

Reaction score
2014 Yamaha Snowmobiles2014 Yamaha mountain sleds will be basically the same. The flat-lander sleds will get all the attention for model year 2014, but the 2015 Yamaha mountain snowmobiles will make a comeback. Watch for a 4-stroke, 200HP Mountain Max that weighs 500 pounds or less but be patient for another year.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL ya did you read sledrumour's 2012 and 2013 prediction?? They were so off it wasn't even funny.

2014 Yamaha Snowmobiles2014 Yamaha mountain sleds will be basically the same. The flat-lander sleds will get all the attention for model year 2014, but the 2015 Yamaha mountain snowmobiles will make a comeback. Watch for a 4-stroke, 200HP Mountain Max that weighs 500 pounds or less but be patient for another year.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So basically yamaha still sucks and will continue making crappy heavy 4 strokes that need a ton of money to be competitve mountain machines..... cool story. maybe they should bring the guy over from the dirtbike department that has kept the 2 strokes going and give him some money to work on a 2 stroke viper sled.

Let me guess, you ride a Polaris? You sound like a Polaris rider lol

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
14yammie_zps2880ef8a.jpg

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me guess, you ride a Polaris? You sound like a Polaris rider lol
I do infact but that has nothing to do with yamahas being big heavy and expensive to build? Just saying that Yamaha has decent 2 stroke technology and they continue not to use it in sleds. I'm not willing to put $30000 into my sled to make it powerful and lose the 4 stroke reliability. Yamaha will not get a penny from me until they get a 2 stroke back in the sled market I'm sure there are others that feel this way.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i do infact but that has nothing to do with yamahas being big heavy and expensive to build? Just saying that yamaha has decent 2 stroke technology and they continue not to use it in sleds. I'm not willing to put $30000 into my sled to make it powerful and lose the 4 stroke reliability. Yamaha will not get a penny from me until they get a 2 stroke back in the sled market i'm sure there are others that feel this way.

nope.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Busy place [h=5]Users Browsing this Thread[/h] There are currently 166 users browsing this thread. (34 members and 132 guests)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this from a photo? Catmaha. What percentage of their sales are mountain sleds? Seems guys out here forget that the centre of the snowmobiling universe is not mountainous. Yamaha would probably be better off concentrating on the flatland/crossover sled. That is where their strength and sales volume lie.

Top Bottom