2014 xm etec won't start

copper xp

Reaction score
So the band new sled won't start at -30, really hard to pull over. Anyone else have this trouble? And yes it should have been in the heated shop.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I had to use the enclosed the other day and it was -32. My 13 and the wifes 14 both started after a couple of light pulls to get the engine moving. Started and idled fine. Drove them out of the trailer no issues. parked outside overnight and next day started again and drove into the trailer.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another guy had a thread on this awhile back this winter. Everyone told him to put it into a shop where it is warmere and it started fine then. Minus 30 is pretty cold even for sleds.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another guy had a thread on this awhile back this winter. Everyone told him to put it into a shop where it is warmere and it started fine then. Minus 30 is pretty cold even for sleds.
Yup Im that other guy. Drug it in the garage at lunch that day went home after work one pull fired up. When it is real cold now I pull it over slowly a couple times then giver a good rip and it fires up. It was -27 the day I couldnt get mine started.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the etec needs 1 really good pull to start. No way will you get that in -30 no matter how strong you are. Like mentioned above either bring it inside or get it moving more freely. Once it fires the injectors once and it doesn't fire it's usually tricky getting it to go again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from montana were they had a cold snap of -20 to -30. No it won't start in one pull... Pull over slowly a couple times to free it up and then giver. Takes about a SOLID 5-8 pulls. Idle was off on mine for a while and stuck in high idle once as well. Once warmed up she was good to go, I think this would be a regular occurrence for guys out east or north of alberta.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from montana were they had a cold snap of -20 to -30. No it won't start in one pull... Pull over slowly a couple times to free it up and then giver. Takes about a SOLID 5-8 pulls. Idle was off on mine for a while and stuck in high idle once as well. Once warmed up she was good to go, I think this would be a regular occurrence for guys out east or north of alberta.

Weird. My 2013 sat out in -30 for 2 days. Once I pulled it slowly and freed it up it ran first pull. I was shocked. Didn't like it at first but once it Coughed for a few seconds it idled right up. The 2012 i ran in -36 for the Bret Rasmussen ride in Valemount. It started in less than 8 pulls with the. Rope wrapped around the clutch because the recoil wouldn't recoil is was so friggn cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had to use jumper cables from my 13 to my 12 etec today, almost -30. The 12 sort of flooded and I ran the battery down trying to get it running. Finally with a boost and wide open throttle it went.
Both estart

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our two sleds would not start the last two days either. Both outside at night as I dont have the luxury of an insulated and heated shop. Needless to say, i will be setting the alarm tonight to go out and fill the fire....lol

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. My buddy's '14 wouldnt start Sunday am -31. My '13 wouldnt start this morning. -32. Could hardly pull it over. Seems -27 is pretty much the limit. Hour and a half in the shop and it fired right up.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New year's day in sask, -34 sat outside overnight, 4th pulled it fired then shut down, 5th pull running. You really got a step into her at that temp. Friends 13 was running on the 6th pull.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

summitX3"

Reaction score
Why on earth are people worried about starting sleds in -30 weather??? Do you seriously need to ride? I don't cuz it too dam cold! But....Just for these people, I heard there is snocheck option for 2015 to add a block heater.

Top Bottom