2014 Summit 800 XM MBRP Can troubles

Whitecourt_Rider

Reaction score
Hello, Im picking up my new 2014 Summit SP 800 tomorrow and have a few friends that already have theirs. All my friends with them have put on a MBRP can and are getting Exhaust temp and engine lights on. None of them have them broke in yet. Any one else having this issue? Should you completely break it in with the stock can before switching? Anyone have any other findings a guy should know about pertaining to this sled? My last one was a 09 XP so im green to the world of the E-Tech.

Thanks

Also anyone who has this sled how many tanks did it take to clear the break in timer? Whats the average kms to a tank? Ive heard they are good on gas and i haven't bought a jerry can yet cause i wanna see how good it is...... I like my throttle and used to have to bum gas from friends in the mountains cause i burnt everything i brought up with me.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 11 etec has had a can on since new and never a code....always had a low elevation burp once in awhile but otherwise not a burble and always soundin good while in da pipe........as far as breakin it in.. a predetermined amount of fuel that runs thru the injectors which determine the amount of time in breakin mode....I do not know how much fuel although......

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is an issue with can's that were calibrated on 2013's being used on 2014's due to the new mapping. The lights don't hurt performance and usually go away if you shutdown and restart. The sled is more sensitive during break in as well and the issue could very well go away. I read on Dootalk this morning that MBRP is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.

General rule of the thumb is 2.5 tanks to finish break in. It is calculated based on fuel used and throttle position.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took mine 240 miles to finish the break in. Sure came to life once it hit 15% on the counter.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
Maybe you and your buddies got leftover Etech cans from '12/'13? Ken at Specialty Sleds told me that the probe on the '14 Etech is different than the older ones. I couldn't use the can from my '12 on my '14, had to get a new one.

Top Bottom