2014 Prolite

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got about 500 ish kms so far, only been out in really deep a couple times but have a few comments already.
I put on gripper skis after 2 trips, absolutely 100 percent better, I had the seat foam raised a couple inches stock was way low, I ordered mine with the HCR riser not the adjustable, it would be nice once in while but hate the wiggly sloppy thing, I put a shockwave helix in works very well, turn it out on the trail and trail speed rpms dropped from 65-68 to 55-6000, made a hell of a difference in trail gas mileage, have a black blue secondary spring and a dark green primary with 68 gram weights. I just geared up from 19-50 to 20-50 worked far better considering going to a 49 tooth bottom. Love the track, was thinking of a 3 inch but changing my mind, works so well. Have rode quite a few stock 14 M8s , nice sled but the BDX is the real deal, feels and performs so much lighter and easier to handle. Were out last week messing around on a mountain meadow 12 inches of fairly loose snow, Got to racing 2 14 XMs, 14 M8, 13 Freeride, 11 and 12 Pros , the BDX totally dominated on the hole shot, by a bunch, the XM was starting to gain some ground by end of meadow , probably 1000 ft or so.
Have done a bit of climbing, very impressed so far, might have to take steps to bring the front end down, Carrys the skis a bit to high for me.
Don't like the headlight, Needs to cast further and on the trail it bounces and the light jumps around, gonna try and mount it on the riser somehow and the track sucks coming downhill and the decal package is not the best, lots of spots letting go.
Had issues getting it here, Dean from Mad Motor Sports was awesome but BDX was lots late in getting it here, but it worked out.
So far, I love it, was pretty apprehensive, but so far it works very well , handles awesome.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ry3atere.jpg
sy9usana.jpg
apahe7us.jpg
ajeha6ab.jpg
ahydyjaq.jpg

Lenny's toy

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks pfi572, gonna have to change name soon eh lol.
Some day I'm gonna learn to post pics , maybe. Anytime Jory, I'd love to switch with ya and try out that boosted Pro. I was a bit to skeptical to order it with the 900, but the guys that did are saying good things, now they've got a 940 that's making 200 ish HP on 91 octane, supposedly. It was suggested by some smart guys that the 925 Linderman would be a great choice also, wanted to see if I liked it first, can always switch it out I guess. Sure like the Lack of worry and diddle factor of the stock 800 motor tho. I guess I'll see how it goes the rest of the year, keep you posted.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my bud's 2013 prolite has been good, split the pipe at the seam this year and melted a few things under the hood. they sent him a new coated pipe on warranty, no questions asked.

vjc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of issues getting it across the border? I was looking to buy one but was told there as going to be alot of red tape.

skrat

Reaction score
No real red tape getting mine across. Mine is like Lenny's but red and white. They are bought by BDX, then converted, and sold as used to the owner. Because of that they breeze across the boarder. Www.riv.ca has all the details. I imported mine as 2014 m8000 which is what the us tittle says. I took three days to go get mine, so I had 800 taken off of the taxes too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out again the last 3 days in some great snow finally. Broke trail into the hills first day in 2 to 3 ft of fresh, super fun conditions, did a bit of little boy climbing lots of tree bashing and creek jumping, super fun day, 2 nd day went to a different area trail was groomed into the cabin tried to get up into some climbing but visibility sucked to be challenging the steeps in that much new snow but found great play areas in really deep snow, 3 rd day finally got to take a stab at some good hills, tough slugging had to beat at a couple but made it into some really fun deep deep favorite spots, either full throttle, stuck or stopped all day.
Bunch of different sleds, boosted XM, 3 boosted Pros, couple stock XMs , couple stock Pros, all Good riders all sleds worked well. 2 Prolites, mine stock buddies with Jaws pipe and controller , seemed certainly like the piped Prolite had an advantage over stock, not huge but a bit. They both worked awesome the deeper the snow the better they worked comparatively. Buddy had an issue with his primary, aftermarket came apart but able to ride it out, gas mileage compared to others was a wee bit heavier but not excessively greater, no blown belts and that was surprising cause we ran the crap out of these on some really long full pulls. Broke trail in windshield deep for a few long stretches and intake seemed to supply enough even when I couldn't see the hood for long periods , I have an adjustable secondary and did have to go up 4 degrees when we got over 5000 ft but no problems keeping it close to 8000.
Cool sleds, really fun awesome handling in the deep stuff, but stable and predictable in the trenched out crap after beating on a hill, gives you a extra measure of confidence after you get used to it, not quite as squirrelly as some of the others get.
I really hate the seat, it sucks and I've already altered it once.
Enjoying it so far.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out again , snow was good, a bit set up but big trenches on any climbs. Re geared, now at 21/49, seemed good, way better top end , turned the shockwave in to 42 degrees held R's at 79-81 just fine but we were only at about 55 - 6200 ft. Dean filled all the holes but still to much snow or frost or something getting thru the frog skins or somewhere into the big front intake, makes me nervous being basically directly onto the piston but so far so good. Now 880 miles on this sled, still haven't blew a belt and I've worked it hard. I really like the track, was gonna go 3 inch but really don't see the need, downhills are quick on fluffy but grabs as good as anything else downhill on set up or packed a bit. Gas mileage is a bit heavier than the XMs and Pros but not enough to even worry about.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out again , snow was good, a bit set up but big trenches on any climbs. Re geared, now at 21/49, seemed good, way better top end , turned the shockwave in to 42 degrees held R's at 79-81 just fine but we were only at about 55 - 6200 ft. Dean filled all the holes but still to much snow or frost or something getting thru the frog skins or somewhere into the big front intake, makes me nervous being basically directly onto the piston but so far so good. Now 880 miles on this sled, still haven't blew a belt and I've worked it hard. I really like the track, was gonna go 3 inch but really don't see the need, downhills are quick on fluffy but grabs as good as anything else downhill on set up or packed a bit. Gas mileage is a bit heavier than the XMs and Pros but not enough to even worry about.

Those are really nice sleds! I know a couple guys with stock m8 and they all have issues with that front intake! There was a thread on here that showed a guy installing an after market hood I wonder if it would be any better?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are really nice sleds! I know a couple guys with stock m8 and they all have issues with that front intake! There was a thread on here that showed a guy installing an after market hood I wonder if it would be any better?

The whole intake set up is a bit different than stock on the BDX. The one thing I worry about is its so exposed and vulnerable to being punctured or split by an object that hits up front, and if you don't realize it it's straight into the motor, would suck . I've tried to be way more aware of driving into or over things. Very loud lots of intake noise, buddy this week commented on these things having a very easy to distinguish sound and I know what he means. But man so far this year it's worked awesome, I'm very impressed with the handling, the fuel consumption seemed to get better, no blown belts, or mechanical or electrical issues at all. Touching wood! We just got back from a trip, snow was couple ft fresh but really heavy and warm wet air and had the helix at 42 degrees at about 55-6000 ft and held rpms very well. I really like this motor, very well matched with this chassis, tons of fun in the trees and climbing it Carrys the skis at a very comfortable height keeping more track on the snow but doesn't seem to dive huge every time you let off when screwing around in the trees and creeks. Cool sled.

Top Bottom