2014 Proclimb 800 Secondary Clutch

SledderX

Reaction score
Has anybody had any trouble with the torex bolts shearing off on the backside of the secondary clutch? Is anybody replacing these bolts with stronger ones? Sheared them off once on my 12' and just sheared them off on my 14'.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen that on my brothers M7 and my old 09 M8 that had an RKT helix. No problem so far on my 12 or 14 clutch but I will be checking them.

c_nelson99

Reaction score
IF they are shearing off I'd suspect they loosened off. Should be using blue loctite on the treads, to remove them heat with a torch to soften the loctite they'll strip the heads or snap if you don't heat em.

SledderX

Reaction score
Interesting. No they are not coming loose at all they are red loctited and I checked them. Sheering clean in two in the same place on all 4 bolts. I am also running an RK Tek helix. Ran the same helix in both sleds that I sheared these bolts off on. Have asked around and I don't think the helix is the issue because it has happened on secondary's with the stock helix as well but maybe it has something to do with it? My dealer said it was an issue in 12' and 13' but was supposed to be fixed in 14' with a different grade of bolt. This time was at 850 miles and last time around 1200 miles.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12 and 13 had a few issues. I never have. How tight are you torqueing them? They don't need much. Red loctite.

I found some stainless ones at the Bolt Supply House that are allen head instead of Torx. Much better to work with. Had to cut them down though as they only had long ones.

QPDO

Reaction score
I had them shear off on my last day of riding last year on my 12 M8, same story, sheared 3/4 clean off.. Got the updated clutch, will see what happens. haven't got out yet this year.

Top Bottom