2014 Pro eating clutch belts

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friends has eaten three in 250 miles. Polaris warranty says its a wear item "no warranty".

Anyone else?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friends has eaten three in 250 miles. Polaris warranty says its a wear item "no warranty".

Anyone else?

Absolutely, our group went through that last year on the 13's and even the 600 was eating belts at 250 kms, We now have that fixed with a Cat clutch belt and TKI belt drive to gear it down. We also are running Carl's clutching to pick up all kinds of acceleration. It doesn't take many blown belts to pay for these mods and when you sell your sled just move them to your next ride. If you pop 2 stock clutch belts and 1 quick drive belt you have spent $700 all ready and you will never get that back. I can help him if he s interested.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem out of our 3 pros. Two are 13's. Only mods to clutches are slp blue primary spring and Teflon washers next to both primary and secondary springs.

Play more

Reaction score
I went through my first at 400miles it's a heat problem. I agree with the gearing that would help also move the stock toolbox it blocks the air flow coming out of the drive system and more venting.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 2 2014 Pros and no belt issues after 300 miles.

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
since it's a new '14, ever thought of bringing it to the dealer? Definitely something wrong. I always thought Poo was pretty good with belt life. Mine has well over 1000 miles and still looks good.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wore one primary clutch completely out already this year. Nothing left of the weights, rollers, etc. .. First sign was belt life.
Dealer warranty covered the clutch and belt.
Make sure the secondary has enough side to side float, and that the clutches have no burs... The casting of these primary clutches are garbage, and it shows in the metal work of the clutch. Look into worn eng mounts as well.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mines been flawless, i burnt one down and flat spotted it at 500 miles but was my fault. didnt blow. i have had a slp torque arm since new on my 14

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just came out of the dealers shop. Dealer says, Polaris says "its a wear item "no warranty". His last Pro was traded in with the original belt on it at 2000 miles.

since it's a new '14, ever thought of bringing it to the dealer? Definitely something wrong. I always thought Poo was pretty good with belt life. Mine has well over 1000 miles and still looks good.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Possible bad batch of belts.My 14 had cords pulling at 100 miles.Dealer replaced under warranty and with 500 miles now it looks good.My 12 was traded in at 1450 miles with original belt.

Top Bottom