2014 M8000 162 LTD es value?

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Thinking of putting my sled up for sale this fall. Getting out of sledding as jet boats take up too much time and it's not fair to my wife or 4 month old son to have me gone ALL year. Haha.

Wondering what a fair price would be? It has about 370 miles on it, is in great shape. Has a AC bumper, tether, can, MTN addiction rear gas can rack with either/or both (2) 2.5 gallon or one 5? gal cans, brand new premium cover still in the box (only ever been hauled in an enclosed but wanted a cover) AC skiid plate, etc.

Not looking to rip anyone off, wondering what she's worth.

I would also sell now if anyone was interested, but that's not why I posted.

Please PM me here, as I'm not on often and my subscription doesn't work for some treason.

Thanks guys!

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That type of mileage. And assuming mint condition I would shoot for 9500 ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Thinking of putting my sled up for sale this fall. Getting out of sledding as jet boats take up too much time and it's not fair to my wife or 4 month old son to have me gone ALL year. Haha.

Wondering what a fair price would be? It has about 370 miles on it, is in great shape. Has a AC bumper, tether, can, MTN addiction rear gas can rack with either/or both (2) 2.5 gallon or one 5? gal cans, brand new premium cover still in the box (only ever been hauled in an enclosed but wanted a cover) AC skiid plate, etc.

Not looking to rip anyone off, wondering what she's worth.

I would also sell now if anyone was interested, but that's not why I posted.

Please PM me here, as I'm not on often and my subscription doesn't work for some treason.

Thanks guys!

sold a 13 last year in November very similar 10,500 first guy to come and look

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya last November was different. This last snow year had dealers selling new ones for 9500 in the spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all based on supply and demand. What you are selling compared to what is on the market makes a difference too. I wouldn't let my '14 go for less than 10k but it also has alot of extra $$ into it and only 200 miles on it. I hate when guys say they can get a new one for "x$". Then you buy a can, spare belt, cover, some color accessories, scratchers.......etc. Then you get to pay tax on that subtotal............:rolleyes: Turns $9500 into $12,000 real quick.:eek:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all based on supply and demand. What you are selling compared to what is on the market makes a difference too. I wouldn't let my '14 go for less than 10k but it also has alot of extra $$ into it and only 200 miles on it. I hate when guys say they can get a new one for "x$". Then you buy a can, spare belt, cover, some color accessories, scratchers.......etc. Then you get to pay tax on that subtotal............:rolleyes: Turns $9500 into $12,000 real quick.:eek:

True, but lots of guys bought during the "good economy" and don't want to come away from the deal on the short end, or somehow still think they can make big money on a used sled. Its only worth what the market supports, not what they owe on it or think its worth in their mind. Sorry if guys just tossed money at the dealer to have the latest and greatest and put it on the 5 yr financing plan because the payments were low, but any new model will undermine the price of the old model, and depreciation is always highest in the first 1-3 yrs. People seem to have forgotten that and think somehow their yr old model is only worth 5% less than what they paid, when the dealer is clearing out last years stock @ 10% below MSRP and the 3 yr warranty starts the day you pick it up, its not already 14 months gone. So yeah, you can get a new one for the same price, which is why guys are buying new which means in 2-3 yrs the market is flooded with used, which drives prices down.

Lots of guys seem to think their aftermarket parts are worth at resale, what they paid for them new. I gotta laugh when I see guys value their sled at "$XXXXX" and then tack on all the extra's they installed with the standard retail price they paid, as though the taller track and wider skis, etc they installed, didn't get any mileage on them. Its pretty well accepted that aftermarket stuff doesn't really add any significant value, and in many cases represents a possible risk to the buyer (i.e. aftermarket fuel controller could mean motor was run leaner than necessary).

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
153 base model 14' brand new, out the door GST included 10,200. That's without getting them to get rid of PDI. I would say you'll be 9500 ish ....

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True, but lots of guys bought during the "good economy" and don't want to come away from the deal on the short end, or somehow still think they can make big money on a used sled. Its only worth what the market supports, not what they owe on it or think its worth in their mind. Sorry if guys just tossed money at the dealer to have the latest and greatest and put it on the 5 yr financing plan because the payments were low, but any new model will undermine the price of the old model, and depreciation is always highest in the first 1-3 yrs. People seem to have forgotten that and think somehow their yr old model is only worth 5% less than what they paid, when the dealer is clearing out last years stock @ 10% below MSRP and the 3 yr warranty starts the day you pick it up, its not already 14 months gone. So yeah, you can get a new one for the same price, which is why guys are buying new which means in 2-3 yrs the market is flooded with used, which drives prices down.

Lots of guys seem to think their aftermarket parts are worth at resale, what they paid for them new. I gotta laugh when I see guys value their sled at "$XXXXX" and then tack on all the extra's they installed with the standard retail price they paid, as though the taller track and wider skis, etc they installed, didn't get any mileage on them. Its pretty well accepted that aftermarket stuff doesn't really add any significant value, and in many cases represents a possible risk to the buyer (i.e. aftermarket fuel controller could mean motor was run leaner than necessary).

I stripped my last sled and put the stock pats back on sold the sled and then the mod parts. got a decent overall price. I have never bought a used sled modded as it has likely been run hard. $9500 sounds fair but with oil down and jobs down less coin out there the market will be flatter.
Mod parts on a sled are worth bout 20% of new. Sold separate maybe 50%.

Last edited:

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Have it listed on here for 9400 obo. Need it gone soon. Need cash for other pursuits.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry if guys just tossed money at the dealer to have the latest and greatest and put it on the 5 yr financing plan because the payments were low, but any new model will undermine the price of the old model, and depreciation is always highest in the first 1-3 yrs.

That is so true. I have always said if you can't afford to pay cash for your toys, or have the cash to pay them out at any time; you likely can't afford that toy. That way you are never trapped with needing to sell at a certain price just to get out of a payment.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like what this thread ended up being, there are actually people out there that get it! Let's be straight up, your aftermarket parts are worthless when sold on the sled. Regardless if you give the buyer the new, unused stock components. The person is buying it for the way it sits and is probably not interested in the stock stuff anyway (they may take it to imply that you gave them some value, but let's be honest, if I buy a sled with a different pipe on it, the stock one will never go back on even if I need to replace it for whatever reason)

A thread like this belongs in the sled chat section.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. Sled sold quickly when given a realistic value. Could I have held out and got more? Maybe. But it sold for a more than fair price and I'm happy.

Thanks again

Top Bottom