2014 CrossTrax SledDeck Ramp

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else not a fan of having to pin it together? Is there any way you can modify it, or has anyone tried? Ideas would be apprecaited.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about your ramp but if I were to make my Denali ramp (which you have to pin as well) solid it would be too long to fit under the deck.
Looking at a marathon ramp that slides in and out I would rather have mine pinned, as I watched my buddies slide together as he tried to load his sled.

SRT

Reaction score
My Denali ramp is a 2 piece... Awkward to say the least... But safer that's for sure. I watched my buddy drive under his truck when his telescopic ramp slide together...

Sent from missing plane.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
98% of the time I have a swamper,so it's pretty easy.If I had no friends and had to do it myself a lot,I would definitely try to figure out an easier way!
I don't really have a problem with mine at all. It's awkward but not terrible

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the marathon telescopic ramp easy to load and unload yourself
i have never used the pins to keep it from sliding when loading and unloading sleds,quads or dirt bikes and never had the ramp slide. I doo use the saftey locks on he ramp hooks

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a cross trax and found a nack of setting up and putting away by myself. It is actually easier to do by myself than have some one help because when two are pushing it in it never goes in straight. One is always pushing sooner on one side causing it to bind up. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ramps i dont mind its the extension that i hate ... i want to figure out how to build it so i can just flip it up and down

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I have a cross trax and found a nack of setting up and putting away by myself. It is actually easier to do by myself than have some one help because when two are pushing it in it never goes in straight. One is always pushing sooner on one side causing it to bind up. Just my 2 cents

I agree. I do it myself and seem to have more problems when I have help

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ramps i dont mind its the extension that i hate ... i want to figure out how to build it so i can just flip it up and down
The way cross tracks makes there extenion mount to there decks is way stronger than a flip over style
I have the cross tracks flip over extension on my marathon deck and it really bends and flexes a lot when you load and unload
sleds even just loaded it looks like it is bent
plus with it flipped over on top when not in use it pretty much blocks all your vision with the rear view mirror

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yep I find that as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an older deck with a two piece ramp and sold it because I hated the hassle of it. New deck just has an 8' ramp (longbox) and much quicker, easier, and cleaner to deal with. Next deck I buy will have a telescoping ramp.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I can't take out or put the deck extension myself so I just leave it in. Sucks to have an extra 2ft off the sled deck, but easier than recruiting people to help. I thought their new deck had a flip up/down extension? I'd be curious to see how that would work.

The ramp I have no issues with alone.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I can't take out or put the deck extension myself so I just leave it in. Sucks to have an extra 2ft off the sled deck, but easier than recruiting people to help. I thought their new deck had a flip up/down extension? I'd be curious to see how that would work.

I bet your favourite neighbours would give you a "hand" ;)

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I also agree - easier to assembly myself than with 2 of us. Drilled out the holes in the inner sleeve a bit so the pins don't have to be perfectly lined up.

Also considered building a new sleeve with tapered ends making it easier to line up, but haven't gotten around to it yet. (#396 on my to-do list).

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have a Cross-Trax flip over extension and it's not necessarily the answer either IMO. Sags in the middle making the ramp tough to get in and out, completely blocks visibility out of the back window when not in use, and blocks my fuel doors in the deck when not in use.

Top Bottom