2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

cowboytb

Reaction score
I see there has been a little snow over the past couple days wonder if anyone's been out to chappell creek and has any info on conditions we have never been to Chappell creek road Allen and clemina. Thx

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
25cm of fresh snow fell last night and much more to be found on north facing aspects in the trees. alpine temps stayed below 0 so the snow was actually fairly decent but extremely variable where the sun has hit the snow on previous days. allan creek old trail is in great shape and looks to me like should bge riding from the parking lot for another week at least!

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After an incredible day in the alpine yesterday , Valemount is blessed and woke up to snow at ground level.
We have availability this week and limited this weekend so if you would like to stay at Valemounts Best Kept Secret and see how the other half live you better call soon.

Ground level yesterday

Ground level today

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our group hit up Allen today. Parked in the lot next to the highway, took the old trail up. Some good whoops on the trail but decent amount of snow and the first couple switch backs are a little icy, keep your momentum up. On the way down it was a little thinner, still can cross the creeks/runouts no problem, some dirt around the 2 km marker.

Had a young feller out with us on his first trip to the mountains, figured he'd get the 'running into a tree and rearranging the bumper' out of the way right first thing. Didn't even make it to the cabin... Hahah.

Got in a full day with some sun one minute and socked right in puking the next.

Last edited:

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like another fresh dusting overnight down to about 3000 ft and with yesterday's snow up top should be great riding.

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We hit up Clemina today and were blessed with basically a blue bird day. The trail is in very decent shape except for the first 3 km, it's basically dirt and mud puddles. We were unaware of the other road on can take to get to KM 3 and 4. We seen trucks and trailers parked at the highway staging area so we parked there and though ahh it can't be that bad... Haha.

We had a blast, snow was good and so was the viz.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any info on Chappell we rode Allen for two days just looking to try another place thx
We've been asking around and haven't heard anything. Likely heading that way today.

How was Allen yesterday??

cowboytb

Reaction score
Still lots of untouched powder had a great day the old trail is icy around a couple switch backs might have a little trouble this am getting around the one but we are probly heading to Chappell today hoping that it has had little use so trail might be in better shape it a long trip in hope it's going to be worth it

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
Ok. I'll post on chapplle now that I'm back home.
Rode chapple sat and Sunday.
Trail is gravel with odd patch first 1-2 km.
trail is great starting around 5-6 km.
watch for bare patches and big holes in the snow from creek crossing rest of the way up.
Once up top we had unreal snow. Probed 62 cm on Saturday. But zero vis.
Now Sunday was one of the days you dream about. Had sun and great vis and prob another 4-6 inches more snow then Saturday.
Was funny busting pow lines right along the heli skiers. But they didn't seem to mind.
Chapple is great. Sure there's some bad stretches of whoops but hug the edge and pin it.

I would still be riding it if this stupid work thing didn't get in the way.
All I have is vids. And can't upload. Sorry

Fatguy

cowboytb

Reaction score
Thx for the info we were up there today and like u said snow is unreal headlight deep all tracks we filled in 0 vis today but when we could see we played hard snowing when we left at 6pm

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx for the info we were up there today and like u said snow is unreal headlight deep all tracks we filled in 0 vis today but when we could see we played hard snowing when we left at 6pm
All tracks were filled in today? They must have got some then cuz we beat it up pretty good yesterday. Ww were at clemina today and it was good but not that good.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear, I figured the snow was gonna be good that way. Group decided to hit up Allen again yesterday due to visibility being not so great and the lack of trees to help navigate at Chappell.

Wasn't the best day of sledding but we made a full day of it, and found some untracked to pound out. . Seen the new 2016 Burton Summit in the flesh too, guy from Idaho had one but was pretty quite when I started asking questions about how he has one haha. Sharp looking unit, except for the Burton on the side of it.

Also, we took the new trail up and back down, wasn't super terrible and there was snow in the parking lot when we arrived in the morning. It's trying to hang on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom