2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snowing hard at clemina yesterday. pouring rain most of the way up the trail. snow stopped around 3pm but it was still socked in. left us with about 8-10" of heavy fresh stuff in some spots.........now parking at the highway pullout and riding mostly snow all the way except for a few short gravel patches and lots of ice

cowboytb

Reaction score
Nice video maxwell hope the snow will last a group of us heading out next week for 6 days what area was that video taken I know guys don't like saying much about there spots but thought I would ask....... Anybody know how trails standing up with all the rain?

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the parking lots and trails like? We had planned on bringing the wives up the last weekend of the month. But from what I have been reading we are pretty much calling it off?

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow Sledders , I know sledding conditions look grim from the outside but If you want to discover Valemounts Best Kept Secrets and Buried Treasures I have the solution.
Due to Ride With Chris Brown Clinic being cancelled this up coming weekend Valemounts very own Best Kept Secret and (https://www.facebook.com/frozenpiratesnowservices ) The Frozen Pirate both have availability this weekend for first class Accomadations and guiding.
You won't be disappointed , give us both a call before your Nieghbor does.
Pics from this weekend of Summit River Lodge crew along with The Frozen Pirate Crew.
And they say there is no snow.

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the shout out TPower!

I am available from Thurs-Sun if anyone needs guide services. Looks to be a very nice week around here.

Trails are getting quite patchy although nothing big enough to warrant cancelling a trip at this point. Cooler night temps are preserving the fresh snow up top for now and the forecast is even calling for some fresh on Thursday...fingers crossed.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails are getting quite patchy although nothing big enough to warrant cancelling a trip at this point. Cooler night temps are preserving the fresh snow up top for now and the forecast is even calling for some fresh on Thursday...fingers crossed.

Good to hear. Forecast looks half promising right now on Environment Canada. Hopefully that Pacific low gets pushed a little more north and get a dump like Ferniesnow is hogging all to himself.... So selfish.

cowboytb

Reaction score
I know probably asked but are trails still ok like Allen creek or chappel does anyone have a pick or been riding in those areas the last two days some people say they are terrible and some say they are ok just spring like ?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are spring like. Icy sections. Dirt sections. But for the most part still have good snow cover haven't had any issues lately. Just switched carbides to round bar so they don't hang up on rocks

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saturdays storm looks to have dropped some good snow in the alpine areas. The warm temperatures have not hit it too hard yet as the nights are cooling off nicely.

Allen creek access is quite thin after 3km to the 6km marker. Expect some ice, and lots of bare stretches.

Not too sure on Clemina. We recommend parking at the FSR pullout about 200m south of the main staging area. Trucks with decks and small trailers can likely drive to the 3km marker now.

Great snow in the alpine as seen in the photos below from today in Allen Creek.

Check out my facebook page for epic photos from today
https://www.facebook.com/frozenpiratesnowservices?ref=hl

Top Bottom