2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow was awesome in the trees in Clemina. I was so surprized that there was so much untouched. We had a blast. About a foot fresh there today.

Snowing pretty good all day till we left.

Nikm17

Reaction score
I've been to valemount twice this year and both times I was hearing some of the worst reports that I have heard in the last few years, and yet both trips, we rode three days each, of untouched snow. And we were riding in the managed areas, mostly Clemina so not like we went to some secret area. May not have been three feet of powder but still nice, soft snow. Obviously the main areas, like goat ridge all the way back to danger basin, were pounded out as it hadn't snowed in a while but we really didn't have to go into any extreme terrain to find great snow. It seems to me like this year a lot of people are extra whiny about the conditions and they complain if they don't find three feet of fresh snow in the first meadows nests to the cabin. Obviously it would be nice to have that much snow all the time but it's just not going to happen, and some people don't understand that so they say that everything's tracked out.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been to valemount twice this year and both times I was hearing some of the worst reports that I have heard in the last few years, and yet both trips, we rode three days each, of untouched snow. And we were riding in the managed areas, mostly Clemina so not like we went to some secret area. May not have been three feet of powder but still nice, soft snow. Obviously the main areas, like goat ridge all the way back to danger basin, were pounded out as it hadn't snowed in a while but we really didn't have to go into any extreme terrain to find great snow. It seems to me like this year a lot of people are extra whiny about the conditions and they complain if they don't find three feet of fresh snow in the first meadows nests to the cabin. Obviously it would be nice to have that much snow all the time but it's just not going to happen, and some people don't understand that so they say that everything's tracked out.

lol......WELL said!!! about sums up my season. i ride fresh snow every time i am there regardless of conditions like yourself but the last 2 months have been hurting as far as new snow is concerned. but its still there!!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We used to ride valemount all the time and Clemina was always best for untouched easy to find pow. Lots of nice tree riding

Last edited:

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess some peoples ideas of good conditions are different than others, and now with the machines working as well as they do from the factory, deeper snow is prefered by some. Yes you can usually find untouched snow, might be more settled than you prefer, but still better than working.
looks like there is some new pow out there too.

Last edited:

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had six trips to Vale so far this year, and same thing... People whiny about snow.... You go past the tracks, through the trees and voila had untracked every trip. Last one was a bit harder and found some rocks but still rode good snow. Tho with the better machines and more and more people exploring some of the ol hideaways are getting more well known. And this is coming from a 19 year old kid lol. Been going to the mountains for eight years.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how the highway was from edmonton,heading out at 4:00am hoping for a full day ride friday.Looking forward to the drink and drink I mean the meet and great friday eve.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last weekend heading out, there was some fog, seen a dark shadow in the shoulder, as we got closer, two monster moose standing side by side in the shoulder. Heads well over the top of a one ton dually. This was late at night, watch for wild life crossing.

Snow was coming down hard Sunday when we left and I think it snowed more since then. There is snow you just have to head back past super bowl to find less traffic areas.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reports have been pouring in of great snow in the alpine riding areas. Visibility has been the main challenge, watch for natural hazards as you navigate around the areasWarm temps are not helping the grooming program, so please understand as we are working with the conditions that we are being given.

All three riding groomed up fresh tonight!

Hope to see some of you at the drags tomorrow!

Ride Safe

Top Bottom