2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey sorry to cut in. I was just wondering about the current conditions. I am looking to head out and wondering if it worth driving up?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should quit the sport before you claim bankruptcy if $25 is a stretch.

with a comment and a closed mind set like that you will be bankrupt well before me deep pockets...quite a few of you out there need to wake up and look at the main principle here...

I think I may have someone who will never understand how it works. . There is no main principal. Your 25 bucks ensures structuring and long term security of an area. The govt is less likely to close a area that is club maintained and mapped. And even douche bags are welcome to enjoy for a small fee of $25

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
This is downright embarrassing and Makes me feel a bit ashamed to be a snowmobiler. It's disheartening knowing that the message just isn't reaching people dispite all the efforts the staff and volunteers put in across BC. I say cancel grooming operations for the entire season, lock up the cabins, and stop clearing the parking lots. I think there are far to many people taking what we have for granted. Let's get back to 1980 maybe then folks will be crying for that slightly bumpy trail back

I remember the year McBride decided to purchase a small groomer and take over the duties themselves. There were a number of issues and the trail was not groomed for weeks at a time. I can tell you it was brutal.

I remember riding areas that are groomed now but we're not in the old days. You were exhausted by the time you got to the snow.

I for one appreciate the effort of the groomers and know that weather, snow and traffic all play havoc on trail condition.

Sent from my Phone while sitting on the side of the road.....maybe.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come on get real, unless its during the week only the locals and a few out of town sledders use the trails, there is always extra cash on the Friday and weekends. Pay to play?? I bought my sled and the gear, Varda doesn't own the mountain, and the "whats an extra $25?" proves you must make too much money, I'll stop by later if your giving handouts..

Ha! Jokes on you I'm a grad student who makes less than $20,000 a year. Take off tuition and I'm probably sitting at like $14,000 mark for a yearly income, now add in food, gas, living expenses and I sure don't have a whole lots of money left over for anything.

I sure as hell don't have the money to just go give out handouts but if you know someone else with too much money point me in their direction. Seeing how I've never heard of anyone with too much money, and I believe in working for it one way or another see if I can do some chores for that rich guy/girl so I can buy more sled/truck gas.

VARDA doesn't own the mountain but they maintain the trail to get to the alpine and if you want to ride in one of the serviced areas in Valemount you're going to have to pay to access the trail. Do I wish I had more money? Yes Do I wish I didn't have to pay a trail fee you bet, but when you have to pay to get to a riding spot what can you do. I love sledding and truly appreciate what VARDA does to keep sledding in Valemount what it is. Its not like they pocket the money for themselves when they have extra.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is downright embarrassing and Makes me feel a bit ashamed to be a snowmobiler. It's disheartening knowing that the message just isn't reaching people dispite all the efforts the staff and volunteers put in across BC. I say cancel grooming operations for the entire season, lock up the cabins, and stop clearing the parking lots. I think there are far to many people taking what we have for granted. Let's get back to 1980 maybe then folks will be crying for that slightly bumpy trail back

Oh the good old 1980. 1 hotel would take snowmobilers. No grooming they didn`t even know how to spell grooming. A 1979 Yamaha ET 340 could make it to the cabin at Allen Creek but would never lose sight of it. No heavy traffic maybe your group and that's it. Even with no traffic you still had moguls that ate up your 3 inch of suspension travel and many places on the trail up was more of a luge run rather than a snowmobile trail. 4 feet wide and 4 feet deep. Point and shoot just to try to get up the trail. Many time going backwards down the rut.
$ 25.00 is worth it.

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im greatful for all the work that varda and whoever else does for sledders..not a single complaint here..trails are always great parking lots great cabins are badazz..

my 2 cents.

now back to conditions!

SummitX509

Reaction score
Is there snow on the ground that anyone can see?

Drop the little tis tis girl fight and give us an update.

The time I have spent reading this nonsense is gone forever.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its not a matter of being a tough guy, or a hardcore rider, and I understand with conditions and volume of riders trail maintenance is difficult, the comment is why charge the fee then. Anyways a person can argue this till they are blue in the face. I get it you all love VARDA, they do no wrong and that's the end of it....Rant Over
it is not a grooming fee it is a trail user fee that you are paying for. the user fee covers the grooming but also a ton of other expenses that help make your trip to the mountains an enjoyable one.
I can't comment on Valemounts expenses but I will gladly sit down with anyone that thinks this is a money making proposition and show you our expenses and for that matter our books.
I don't belong to varda but I do run a grooming program and know how hard it is to maintain trails in bad conditions. time to move this thread along.

ANDY SAIGER

Reaction score
So if you go the the movies, you pay to get in, if you go to a rec center, you pay to get in, if you go to a hockey game, you pay to get in, etc etc etc. This is all because somebody fronts the cost and needs to be reinburst so the service can continue. Seems pretty easy to me.

Top Bottom