2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Caution, We were riding at Clemina today and there was an avalanche at danger basin, and several others. Be careful people, peeps were hitting the big hills without thinking.

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The alpine riding was nothing short of amazing to day in all of our local riding areas with upwards of 40cm of fresh snow and blue sky's. Unfortunately the lower valley snow and weather are not cooperating for our groomers and we have had to do some major adjustments until we get back to winter at the lower elevationsWe have done all we can with what we were given and are sorry for the inconvenience.

Allen and Chappell will not be groomed again until further notice.

Clemina will be groomed again this evening.

Attachments

• 10847245_952213778140940_5087613224787299994_o.jpg
    10847245_952213778140940_5087613224787299994_o.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 763

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caution, We were riding at Clemina today and there was an avalanche at danger basin, and several others. Be careful people, peeps were hitting the big hills without thinking.

View attachment 180506View attachment 180507View attachment 180508

Good point Ron , I'm surprised this is the only post regarding the Avys today. All our customers that's all they talked about during supper is how many slides there was today.
Glad to see no post regarding anyone caught in one.
Ride safe , choose your terrain wisely and let's all
"Live to ride another day"

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing day today. Probably my favourite day on the mountain in a long time.

Great friends, great snow, great weather and sick sleds!

Took some awesome photos although I cannot get them on here as they are too large apparently.

If you want to have a look check out www.facebook.com/frozenpiratesnowservices

Lots of avalanche activity over the last couple of days. Primarily steep and wind loaded aspects from N-E on the compass. Id avoid these areas like the plaque for the next while.

Sled safe folks

Syndicate Speed Shop

Reaction score
Made the trip out last weekend, gladly paid the $25 trail pass at Allan and yet once again rode a pounded, whooped out trail back to the parking lot. How about forwarding all that cash from the riders that day, and I'm sure a few other days you charge trail fee and don't groom without an obvious explanation. Towards the camera/vid monitoring system. Just my .02...

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made the trip out last weekend, gladly paid the $25 trail pass at Allan and yet once again rode a pounded, whooped out trail back to the parking lot. How about forwarding all that cash from the riders that day, and I'm sure a few other days you charge trail fee and don't groom without an obvious explanation. Towards the camera/vid monitoring system. Just my .02...

Stay home muffin. Sounds like snowmobiling isn't for you. Yes whooped out trails suck, but they'd be much worse if they never saw a groomer all year.

Sent from my iPhone

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks vale had a great weekend 3days of riding my 12 yr old did pretty dam good for his first time we also went up and scoped out Crystal ridge today so we can plan a boarding weekend View attachment 179901View attachment 179902

From mooseknuckle sledding lodge
04 outback dd vortec

that is awesome stuff right there. gonna show this to my wife as our 11 yr old has been ridin his mom to let him come with me but she stll won't.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You realize they don't groom twice a day right? Anywhere.....anytime.....ever....wtf. 200+ sleds on allan trail you thought it would be a highway on the way down at warm temperatures? Did you want some warm coco too. There is always a reason. Either equipment malfunction or weather conditions not cooperating. It's not a conspiracy were all on the same team here

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a great day at allan yesterday. Untouched allll day. Busiest I've ever seen it too. Trail is hurting a lot of dirt patches that rain really did an number at low elevation. Sun all day and not a breath of wind. Perfect. Some extremely scary avalanches naturally triggered. Some 1m+ breaks. Got some photos just have to figure out how to load them

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
that is awesome stuff right there. gonna show this to my wife as our 11 yr old has been ridin his mom to let him come with me but she stll won't.

If you want to get him out let me know we would ride with u we also hVe a cabin north edson so maybe a ride there for starters

04 outback dd vortec

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to get him out let me know we would ride with u we also hVe a cabin north edson so maybe a ride there for starters

04 outback dd vortec

That would be great thanks. I will send you a friend request so that I can pm you and we can maybe meet up during the Christmas break or whenever works for a ride close to your cabin.

Derek..... My wife rides as well but won't go to the mountains. But I am still working on that.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just woke up in recovery, just wanted to let everyone know I'm ok. They put a rod thru my femur and plates. Thanks to Curtis and the high rescue team, I didn't think I was gonna make it off that mountain. Will definitely be taking ast1 before I return to sledding. Again, thanks to all that helped save my life!

Glad you are ok and on the mend. Pics are pretty wild.

FRR

Reaction score
I couldn't get my wife to go either for the longest time, but now she wont event take her sled out around home cause she saids it sucks, tell her once she ging once she will love it, its not all steep and deep, taking my 12 year old out over Christmas for his first trip

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get my wife to go either for the longest time, but now she wont event take her sled out around home cause she saids it sucks, tell her once she ging once she will love it, its not all steep and deep, taking my 12 year old out over Christmas for his first trip

I have been tellin her that exact thing. Wearin her down slowly. She is considering it now at least which is progress sorta...

Syndicate Speed Shop

Reaction score
Stay home muffin. Sounds like snowmobiling isn't for you. Yes whooped out trails suck, but they'd be much worse if they never saw a groomer all year.

HA!! yea, I suppose, except if they're going to charge a trail pass fee, then maintain the trail. Maxwell, you have a comment for everything, not surprised...

Last edited:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy there big mouth, was sledding when you were still in diapers, clearly its guys like you that don't know how to preserve a trail when conditions are limited. Maxwell I understand its never groomed twice day but tired of paying Friday just so the early risers Saturday get a groomed trail...

Big mouth lol maybe if I had threatened you I'd see that comment suitable . I'm not the one crying that the trail wasn't groomed princess. Sorry varda didn't tend to your high demands. Hopefully it was super deep too for your $25.

And it doesn't matter how long you've been snowmobiling. You'd think you would have seen worse trails on worse snowmobiles. The ride has changed a lot and rough trails don't beat the crap out of you so much anymore.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'm tired of paying taxes so a bunch of useless motherf*ckers can be on welfare.
Easy there big mouth, was sledding when you were still in diapers, clearly its guys like you that don't know how to preserve a trail when conditions are limited. Maxwell I understand its never groomed twice day but tired of paying Friday just so the early risers Saturday get a groomed trail...

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I can't believe this topic keeps coming up.How much do you spend on a weekend of sledding?I can't even imagine what it costs to operate a groomer and maintain a cabin.I think VARDA does a fantastic job and even with the rain this past week they still groomed Clemina so my tired old body could get a bit of a break.Than you VARDA for doing your best despite horrible conditions.(conditions up top were EPIC!)

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Opinion is VARDA does a pretty damn good job with what they have to work with. No the trails aren't always perfect. Yes sometimes we pay for a trail that isn't perfectly groomed. But when you meet the groomer half ways down after a long pow day it is worth every bit of that $25.00. Anyone who has had anything to do with a volunteer based group knows it is usually about 3-4 people who do all the work. Sometimes people get spread a little thin.
And no matter what you do VARDA you are always going to have people that aren't happy. So keep up the great work. And by the way that is one hell of an awesome cabin you guys constructed in the Clemina area.

Top Bottom