2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally don't like to go to Clemina much before Xmas. It is a nice easy trail in and is fairly easy to navigate once in there but very rocky.

Pony1288

Reaction score
Sitting in jasper, taking a break from the horrible visibility on the highway. be there sometime tonight. havent decided where to ride yet.

fx44

Reaction score
Wow looks to good to pass up a ride!!. Anybody riding this weekend that wouldn't mind a extra?. All of the crew working this weekend.

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Allen on Wednesday and it was good. As mentioned before there is a nasty crust about a 8-12 inches down. We seen small person trigger slides on steeper inclines. Also a warning that you be careful dropping down into the lower bowls,lots of wind blown snow sitting on that crust and there is no "base" once you cut through it your down To rocks and dirt real fast. On the bright side my friends T3 174" spanked my 13 163" wicked sleds!!

Last edited:

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm dying to see riding pics after yesterday's dump

Sent from my iPhone while drinkin a bud light

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the bright side my friends T3 174" spanked my 13 163

I would hope so ? In the deep a 174 will dominate weather a T3 or not .

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great day but man someone needs to turn up the heat, it was dam cold and Im still stuck in non -20 mode I guess.

We were up the Allen trail by 730 am this morning. First tracks and pushing 60cm of snow the entire way up. Once up top, it was pretty unreal. The alpine looks to have received upwards of a meter of snow in the last two days although it has blow around substantially so some spots are thinner and some spots are bottomless.

My 174 T3 could not even punch through the first meadow to get to the cabin on the first try, we had to take a few runs at it. Man these sleds are amazing! Night and day over my 14 Summit X.

We only punched back to caribou bowl and dropped in......might have taken an hour or so to get back out.....it was retarded deep. Definitely a lot of load up there and the winds are still blowing around creating slabs all over the place and with the SPAW issued from Avalanche Canada, I sure hope all of you out riding can stay safe this weekend.

We were played out and frozen by noon and headed down. The trail was in very good shape although on our way down a crew of about 12 short tracks were heading up and I'm sure that it was going to get interesting.

I brought my big camera but do not have time to shrink the pics so please check my facebook page to see the small album. Not the best pics as it was just too darn cold sorry.
https://www.facebook.com/frozenpiratesnowservices?ref=hl

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled the pin on revy trip last night after hearing of rain. Left Red Deer at 4 am and got to Allen Creek parking lot at 2pm. Super slow and ROUGH roads. First stuck of the day happened in the parking lot.... Lol. But made it up the trail for a quick 3 hour rip and the first line of the day made the long drive worth while. It's freaking deep. Super dry bottomless recent snowfall.

Havent riden Vale in 4 years and the first dry and sunny day we've had in forever.

Cant wait till tomorrow!!!

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We hit Allen Creek this weekend and where discussed about people carving BS on the walls up there....GROW UP !!!! Snow was deep with no base yet awesome start to the season....

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any pics from today?? Group of us just cancelled our reservations for Revy, first time in 4 years I'll be in valemount, booked in with terry at summit lodge. Looking forward to maybe meeting up with some guys that know the area a bit. All experienced riders, won't be holding anyone back that's for sure. Were riding Wednesday-Sunday

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will be there riding Thursday. If you haven't found a group by then drop me a line. We have a good sized group going. And plan to break Oasis if it isn't done by then.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will be there riding Thursday. If you haven't found a group by then drop me a line. We have a good sized group going. And plan to break Oasis if it isn't done by then.

Fawk yeah, I was just sayin to the guys oasis would be awesome, went there 4 years ago and broke trail with some locals but can't remember the way now. It was a gong show back then.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy fellas, it's pretty early for there!
[
QUOTE=Kyle91rs;2040745]Awesome man. Appreciate it. I'll pm you when we get there[/QUOTE]

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure we will give it a go Thursday. The group I ride with are stubborn enough it won't matter they love that place.

Top Bottom